Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Settling down in Ashland

Settling down in Ashland

Well, we are moved! And very much loving our new home and home town. It is so quiet. It is actually dark at night. Talk about a slower pace of life! Everyone here seems so mellow and pleasant. My new job is interesting and fun (so far) and the library (where I work) is just beautiful. My dd is enjoying school (both the academics and meeting lots of people) and feeling very much a part of things.

The move has been a great way to get rid of a lot of clutter and junk and to really live more intentionally. I've been going to yoga several times a week and spending lots of time outdoors exploring. I've started waking up very early, which I feel is my natural rhythm, but I have not done so since I was a kid, having lived in very bright and noisy places. I feel healthier, lighter, more energetic - and we've only been here a few weeks.

I'm loving the rain, and even the cold and the little bit of snow we've had.

I hardly ever get in the car. This alone has made a tremendous impact on my quality of life.

No regrets whatsoever, just entirely enjoying this adventure!

(The fact that my dog has developed a terminal illness has been difficult, but would be no matter where we lived.)
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Well, Gardenarian, it sounds like there's a lot to celebrate in your move. Best wishes going forward!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Is this Ashland, Ky., or Ashland, Or.? How much is the daily lirrrarry fine if you don't bring back the books on time? Just curious. They also have an Ashland in 'Zurra, near Columbia. How do you like that?

Congratulations on your move - you sound very happy!

Ashland OR is absolutely wonderful! We lived in Medford OR for a couple of years, and loved the area a lot. Don't think we could afford Ashland! Lots to see and do there ... not too far from the ocean, or FAR Northern California, or up Eugene way on to Portland. Don't try to drive east through the southern part of Oregon tho ... desolate, and bathrooms are few ...

Welcome to the Pac NW, Gardenarian. I'm happy to see you are loving it so far so well.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Ashland, OR.
    .25 cents a day fines (for you non-librarians)

Yep, the Pac NW is glorious!
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Wonderful! So glad it's a good fit. Someone the other day on a facebook discussion said "life is too short to not enjoy where you live".....has me back in the I want to move mood.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

So glad for you that you got through the stress before the move, and it has worked out so well for you. You sound so content!!

I was there on vacation once & Ashland is really nice-glad you like it! I didn't realize that you had a job already.

Thread Information