Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Netflix

Question about Netflix

DS bought DH and I a year's subscription to netflix. We wanted DVDs. I've picked the first 2 movies in my queue but nothing is happening. When I click on "shipping activity" it says something like "your return space is empty". Does that mean that they assume I have some DVDs to return? DS can't help much because he only streams. We are part of his membership, and he has entered "2 streaming and 2 DVDs for his 2 week orders.
    Do I need to give it a day to accept the "order" of the 2 DVDs? I doubt they are real popular shows.........both are foreign films.
    Did this happen to you on your first order?
    Thanks!

Did you put them in your instant-watch-streaming-queue by accident? I bobble that sometimes.

Otherwise, I usually see same-day shipping.

They still make DVDs?

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    They still make DVDs?
    Hey buddy, most content is still produced on DVD. The rest of it is hit or miss in these formats: streaming, Bluray, etc.

And frankly, you miss all of the special features when you stream.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    Hey buddy, most content is still produced on DVD. The rest of it is hit or miss in these formats: streaming, Bluray, etc.

And frankly, you miss all of the special features when you stream.
    Easy granny, no one is taking away your talkies.

It's the same as with music. Compressed digital formats are inferior quality but just so much more convenient that they are pushing physical formats to the curb.

I'm so confused. I have a bunch of selections in my "List". And then some in my queue.
    I guess you could say I don't know what the heck is going on.

If your household has more than one ''profile" on Netflix (if it asks you who's watching, and you can choose different people), everyone can create a queue, but only the primary person's queue choices will actually ship. I found this out the hard way waiting for movies that just never came. So if your DS is the primary person on an account you share, you have to say that he is watching when you select movies to ship, and adjust his queue to put them on top if he's got a list a mile long. I don't know about the return space comment.

Thanks kib. DS doesn't live with us. I'll try going through his account to get the DVDs we've chosen. I'm still not sure what the "List" is. Seems to be different from the "queue".

I stream Netflix on ROKU (https://www.roku.com/), and that is much handier than getting the DVDs. If I wanted to use DVDs I would check them out from our public library (free).

Because of our old TVs and our limited internet data plan, we can't stream. I think the DVDs are on their way though. I guess when they show up in a box on top of your queue, it means they are in the process of being collected and sent.
    DS got an email stating they were on their way. I think the way the account was set up to start with was probably not correct. Oh well. ..........looking forward to watching 2 foreign films!

Thread Information