Thread: Pricebook App for Android phones

Pricebook App for Android phones

I am on the cusp of ratcheting up my budget skills and want to go back to basics with a Pricebook.
    I am finally getting into a space where I can work on some details that I think will save me time & $ in the long run.

I have an Android phone and would like to download an app to record the following:
    Store - Product - Description (amt/size) - Price (& note if regular or sale price)

It's been a long time since I've done a pricebook & lots of benchmark pricing for regularly purchased items I have in my mind, but if there was an easy app (that I could work!), I'd love to give it a try.

Do you all have any ideas?

Or if you have a manual system that works well, I'd love to hear about that too.

I just started revamping my price book! I'd love to hear about an app for one, although I have an iPhone.

So, I have a small notebook that I got from DayTimers years ago and that's what I use to write in my prices--products are all alphabetical and I write it in with pencil so I can erase.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I just started revamping my price book! I'd love to hear about an app for one, although I have an iPhone.

So, I have a small notebook that I got from DayTimers years ago and that's what I use to write in my prices--products are all alphabetical and I write it in with pencil so I can erase.
    Is it like this one?

http://www.daytimer.com/daytimerstor...3&prodId=96180

Quote Originally Posted by mtnlaurel View Post
    Wow! Exactly! How did you know? I like the way the pages can be indexed, and it's a nice size. Not too small, but small enough for my small purse.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow! Exactly! How did you know?
    lucky guess from options on DayTimer website
    I like the idea of being able to index

I had a teeny tiny address book from Target with the cutest little ring binder in the spine that worked great for pricebook, but I haven't come across it in a long while... it has yet to reveal itself in several moves

This is the one I use: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pric...327448884?mt=8

It doesn't look like they have an android version, but it does answer Catherine's same question for iPhone.

I hope the Price Book app is as successful as the method I've been using in a Day Runner I purchased at the thrift store. I've been tracking prices and inventory in my Price Book since I first read The Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyczyn in 1993, which is where the original idea for the Price Book came from.

Is there a place to track inventory? On the first page for the item I track the store/brand/cost/unit price, but on the next page I track my inventory of the same item. I put a slash ( / ) when I purchase an item, and when I move it from home food storage or the pantry to use, I add another slash (X). If it's a product I need to track the use-by date (peanut butter) I write the date ( 9/15 ), and when I use this item I cross the whole date out. Tracking my inventory is equally as important as tracking prices. This way I don't purchase items I really don't need, which is important when you are on a limited food budget.

rodeosweetheart
    A couple of weeks ago I bought a small three ring notebook and paper for it, and am making my own. I do much better with a paper based product. This one has a pocket in front cover for coupons, too.
    Have already made many pages for things we buy a lot and can tell you exactly how much coffee is by the pound, at about 4 different stores.

The cool thing is that it gives me a baseline of how much I want to spend on something and I know where to find it most cheaply. I think it works best if you buy the same things over and over. . .

Thread Information