Thread: where does this go? well it happened at work

where does this go? well it happened at work

tonight 2 families got in an argument at pick up time outside the school, lots of yelling and they were moving closer when i stepped in the middle and finally talked them into leaving. geez, some of it is kinda funny, kids are in the same small tutoring group. girl apparently hit boy on way out of school (girl has a chronic serious behavior issue, boy is very low academically and otherwise, totally sweet). boy tells mom. i am standing at the door of the school checking out all kids, available and visible to them. family of boy does not tell me anything even though they know me well enough to give me christmas gifts, but waits 30 minutes to confront girl's family directly, again i have been in the front lobby of the school the entire time. the girls family is screaming and yelling back, then at me, and some of the stuff includes that she couldn't have been harassing him because she hasn't been at school in a week, besides her lawyer knows all about it. Geez, you just screamed in my face that a 10 year old has to have a lawyer for behavior and truancy, obviously she couldn't have done anything (please laugh here, you just have to laugh). the things i said to get them to leave! At one point i simply said i was very good at my job and they needed to trust i would call them and go home. it seemed to work.

in any case i feel pretty good i got them all to leave without police. i feel even better about my meditation and going into mediation as a career. Plus i feel good that i raised my kids to have some difficult conversations directly, obviously that is rare.

You are in the right place when needed.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

good way to put it, now it is over but the paperwork

Thread Information