Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Like" buttons??

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Again, I'm not talking about Facebook. I'm talking about a feature built into discussion forum software. Some discussion forums have it, some don't. The "like" buttons for those forums are NOT connected to FB. They simply give you an opportunity to click on a like button to show your agreement or support for a specific post in a thread. In human interactions it would be the same as a head nod.

Really! Let's just forget it. It was just an idea. Sorry I brought it up.
    Any link as I have never seen it in any of forums I am a member of?

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Any link as I have never seen it in any of forums I am a member of?
    Well, here's an example. It's not a discussion forum, but I have seen the same idea in discussion forums--just having a hard time coming up with one right now.

Look at the comments following the Get Rich Slowly blog post and you'll see what I mean. In the meantime, I'll try to find a discussion board example that I can share.

http://www.getrichslowly.org/blog/20...-frugal-child/

Well, what the heck. Here's an example of a board that uses "thanks" instead of "Like" but it's kind of the same the same idea.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-jan-31-a.html

But I just found the best example of what I was thinking of:

http://stamporama.com/discboard/disc...ion=20&id=5864
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thank you. Never seen that before.

I, want everything to be just like F-Book. Everything like F-Book, only even better! Ha. How do you like that? I want a "Like" button, I want a "Like-Very-Much" Button, and I want a "Really, really, really Like" Button. Even though, they would not get used very much. None of us "Like" much of anything, unless it pertains to Food, Comfort, Security, More Food, and Prestige, or sharing the intimate details of the pathos in our littlebitty lives. So, the board should have a "Dislike", a "Profound Loathing" Button, and a "Detest So Much It Makes Me Violently Ill" Button. The last one would be reserved for exceptional cases, such as when any of you kids should (by accident)read one of my posts, which you never do anyway. Also, probably there should be a "I Ignored This" button, as well. This will let everyone know that you are completely oblivious to----whatever---but that you just know you would not like it, but do not wish to expend your life's energy "Disliking" something. See? Pretty ingenious. I've got some more ideas, but I'll return after this short break. Thank mee (Hope that helps you some)

Thread Information