Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Memorable Simple Living Forum Posters...

Smile Memorable Simple Living Forum Posters...

We are not going to engage in controversy, here. No, we are just going to go nostalgic by recalling some memorable SL posters. I would like to start it off with one I've tried to recall the moniker, the onscreen name of, but can't--gee, I guess they aren't that memorable, huh? But, yes, they are. It was evidently some guy, said he was from Washington D.C.(maybe), and was a trucker. Pretty atypical profile. But, the only thing he ever did was post Topics, making some heavy-duty, thought-provoking statement, in the form of a question. One, at a time, week after week. But, he'd never join in the discussion or make any kind of self-disclosure. Just posted thread topics, on serious subjects. Finally, there was a discussion on "just who IS this fellow?" and it seems the Moderators tried to contact this poster, but got no response. What do you think of that? Thankk mee.

I've been here a very long time, but under several names. Just got tired of some of the names. Labyrs was the first one, because DH and I were "into" labyrinths then, and still are (we have one in our back yard and "built" one at our church as well). I think I was was Serendipity at one time, too. And some others. Hmmm. And now I'm Francie, which is a childhood nickname. I remember Sam Gribley, and there were some great conversations with him. And his "alias", "Wes" something", I think?, but I can't remember that one (I'm old now) ... BAE's been here forever too. I went to Orcas Island many years ago to Indralaya Institute to help build their labyrinth (and you can see it on their website, and I can see the "gifts" we all left in the center of the labyrinth, my own included). I wondered where BAE lived at that time. And I've taken "time out" now and again, but never quit checking on the site, even if I haven't posted much the past few years. And was there Little Bitty Bobby? ... (or was that from some other site?) I do recognize a lot of the names here, still, but it's the ones who've moved on I just can't remember their names ...

Quote Originally Posted by Francie View Post
    ...And there was there Little Bitty Bobby? ... (or was that from some other site?) I do recognize a lot of the names here, still, but it's the ones who've moved on I just can't remember their names ...

Ok, I soooo want to make some witty, sarcastic remark here, but can't quite put a good one together. So, I'll just echo IR's little gif.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

O brother....

You kids just want to stir the pot, now don't you? But, I get the blame for the controversy! Very clever of you kids. Yes, I see how it works. There used to be a frequent poster who was from Australia, living in the USA, but then she went back home. It seems like she posted after her return home, but not as often. Then there was "24prins", a lady from New Jersey, and Find__Flo, a Lady who was very knowledgeable about a lot of things, and one day she asked about how to convert her car to run on used fry oil. Then, you had Diana in Wisconsin, a woman with a variety of life experiences, and an entrepreneur & uncharacteristically conservative (for this board), who was what I'd classify as a real Country girl. <I'm not disparaging her, now, so don't go alerting her, telling her I am. Then, there was um, oh yes--before I even happened upon this board, there was "BillyBarebutt". Nobody knew where he went after SL, but they sure knew where he'd been. I went through the archives, and read every post by him I could find, and I figure he must've gotten a job as a AM radio talk show host. Or could have. He was very funny, clever, articulate, logical OR wicked, cruel and horrible, depending on your particular point of view. Whoops! I slipped a little judgement in; said I wouldn't do that. Then, there was Sylvan, from Canada( the Techie specializing in Apple computers, was it?), and that was a long time ago. He initially was on there a lot, but got bored and moved on. Lets see, you had a very young woman named Darwinfish, on here. There was "Buck", who tangled with people for the darndest reasons. People that are still here from way back when: Ha--of course there's IrisLily aka FauxPas, who prolly has twice the total post count of the next two in line, combined. Well, doesn't she? Then there's Florence,from Tx that we see here occasionally. And you have oh, Songbird, who I think used to be another moniker, and also the former Paula P, who is now the esteemed "Shadowmoss Oh, yes--they used to have a frequent poster/moderator named Tricia, who may still be here under another name, but I'm not for sure. And, at least one other who has had a name change. Then, I see that Bartleby, is still around. Then, there is the unforgettable "Crystalcheryl", and she was very unforgettable. But, I already said that. I'll prolly think of others, but meanwhile, someone else can continue with it....Hope that helps you some..Thankk Mee.

Hey, Packy,

How about Chickadee who lived on a houseboat or something small like that? And Christine--she goes way back to the Wampler era, but I always related to her. And we haven't seen Humboldt Girl in a while, either--she popped in a while back but hasn't been back since. And Spartana's friend, Gary--he used to post all the time.

I share your nostalgia--I still love everyone here, of course--but it's like when your oldest kids leave the nest to go to college you still have the rest of the family, but you miss the ones who flew the coop.

I've wondered if we had a "front end" website like Dave's old one, with other products and services that would help attract people here. I used to look forward to Dave's newsletters and I would always browse his simple living bookstore--I did buy from him now and then.. I'm quite sure he didn't get rich on us, but it was still a great offering.

Francie--nice to hear from you--I think I forgot that you used to be Serendipity/labyrs
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Packy View Post
    And you have oh, Songbird, who I think used to be another moniker
    Packy, you are correct! I was Hummingbird on the old SLN. There are so many I miss from the old boards. We had great discussions and there was always a variety of interesting topics going on at all times.... I was inspired and encouraged by other posters then in living a simpler life, paying off all of my debt, and retiring at a younger age, which I finally accomplished recently. I learned so much back then, and I always smile remembering some of the more colorful posters. A lot of us bucked heads with Buck! And boy, that littlebittybobby was a hoot!

I do a lot of reading here, but don't post as often. This place has a different feel to it...not bad, just different.

I do wonder what happened to Tricia. She and I got together for beer and garlic bread at Fletcher's, a pizza place I tended to use to meet folks. She wasn't in a good space last time I met with her, and dropped off the scene here about that time as well. I wasn't in a good space myself and didn't follow up.
    Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!
    formerly known as Paula P

Sadly I am not very notiable. Member since 2011. I go away for periods of time, return to find nobody looked for me
    Ctg492, I took that name way back when I first went online 1999 ish and signed into a Persian Cat forum. I had no idea what a screen name was, it stated the usual letters and numbers. Which I did.

Thread Information