Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Memorable Simple Living Forum Posters...

Reading all the names... a nice walk down memory lane.
    To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Anon.

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Do you know who I miss?

PDQ. I miss PDQ.

Where is he!!!!?????? He had a nomadic, interesting life. It was risky because he was a bit of a hobo in nice weather. He was an odd duck and pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    PDQ. I miss PDQ.
    He re-joined a couple of years ago. I was pleasantly surprised one morning to see his registration request and promptly sent him an email welcoming him aboard. He replied that he was doing well but thought this time around he would just lurk rather than resume his presence as a colorful character.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I miss Puglogic.

I am still kickin. Mrs Badger did have a battle with breast cancer, but her checkups have been cancer-free ever since. Hey, Paula, I still remember bits of that TN trip. I have 5 grandkids now... I think my growing family (not without growing pains!) had me pre-occupied ... so I have not logged in for quite a while. Smiles and hugs all around.

Lots of names I had forgotten about, but Mrs. M seems to have made an impression on us all. I think she tried to comment on everyone's post.
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

Puglogic and LooseChickens.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Puglogic and LooseChickens.
    LooseChickens....the nudist, the person who introduced me to organic sheets that would last a lifetime (Coyuchi) oh my, that was many many years ago when I was here with a different name myself! (QuiltR)

I'm trying to remember the guy I used to "argue" with about $ vs CC (we use for travel points). No way would he believe we didn't' spend more. The arguing got old.

And I can't remember the name of the ultrafrugal woman who lives on next to nothing and moves around CA with some frequency. Man oh man this 56yo brain misses it's memory! I always admired her es·prit de corps about the simple living lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    LooseChickens....the nudist, the person who introduced me to organic sheets that would last a lifetime (Coyuchi) oh my, that was many many years ago when I was here with a different name myself! (QuiltR)

I'm trying to remember the guy I used to "argue" with about $ vs CC (we use for travel points). No way would he believe we didn't' spend more. The arguing got old.

And I can't remember the name of the ultrafrugal woman who lives on next to nothing and moves around CA with some frequency. Man oh man this 56yo brain misses it's memory! I always admired her es·prit de corps about the simple living lifestyle.
    The nudist=BillyBarebutt, right? Are you talking about Spartana (the ultra-frugal woman)? She was on these new boards for a while but we haven't heard from her a couple of years now. I miss her--and her friend Gary (I always thought they were married). And Chickadee on the houseboat, and there was a poster, Christine, who I really connected with. And whatever happened to Stella?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    The nudist=BillyBarebutt, right? Are you talking about Spartana (the ultra-frugal woman)? She was on these new boards for a while but we haven't heard from her a couple of years now. I miss her--and her friend Gary (I always thought they were married). And Chickadee on the houseboat, and there was a poster, Christine, who I really connected with. And whatever happened to Stella?
    My brain says LooseChickens was also a nudist. She and DH were in their 60s and lived in a motorhome moving around......or is my memory truly shot?

YES! Spartana...and that wasn't her only name here.....