Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Memorable Simple Living Forum Posters...

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I miss Loosechickens and Spartana....both were cool in my book. There was a poster at very beginning of my time here back in 2005 who was named Matisse - not always pleasant but had some good posts, regardless, I've wondered for some time whatever happened to Matisse. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    Matisse! I've been trying to remember her name for ages, so thanks! I remember once that Trisha or Pat somebody had fallen on really hard times and Matisse set up a paypal account for her and basically challenged us to put our money were our mouths were. I don't know how it ended up but I know I donated and had several offboard conversations with her about the situation. I think she finally was banned for being too rude to less liberal posters. I seem to remember that Sylvan was banned for the same thing. I had a different name on the old board, but I remember all of the aforementioned posters fondly - especially Billy BareButt. He was very funny. He was also a great advocate of the agricultural extension service.
    That's so cool about Matisse doing that....and I'm glad someone else has noticed this person's absence, too. Rob

I occasionally see Spartana over on the MMM forums.

Yes, Loose Chickens. She was inspirational to me. I still think about Hoosiernan and WJ (?) Simon on occasion, RIP. =(

I was thrilled to meet lhamo and shadowmoss in real life this year, after 14 or so years of forum "knowing".

Quote Originally Posted by Kestra View Post
    Yes, Loose Chickens. She was inspirational to me. I still think about Hoosiernan and WJ (?) Simon on occasion, RIP. =(

I was thrilled to meet lhamo and shadowmoss in real life this year, after 14 or so years of forum "knowing".
    Oh, yeah! Hoosiernan.

mtlaurel and I also had lunch one day. Turns out she lived only a few miles from me, but she moved to another state. (Strange coincidence, her DH was my BIL's boss one year). It was really weird to meet a virtual friend, actually, but I had a great time.

And WJSimon was such a paragon of strength and courage. Kestra, do you know for a fact that she succumbed to cancer?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Oh, yeah! Hoosiernan.

mtlaurel and I also had lunch one day. Turns out she lived only a few miles from me, but she moved to another state. (Strange coincidence, her DH was my BIL's boss one year). It was really weird to meet a virtual friend, actually, but I had a great time.

And WJSimon was such a paragon of strength and courage. Kestra, do you know for a fact that she succumbed to cancer?
    No, I do not. Just seemed sadly inevitable.

Someone who did know and has since passed away herself, confirmed WJSimons' passing. There was a little controversy about finding out WJ's name IRL when confirming but I don't remember much of it at all.
    I always admired Jonathan who seemed the pillar of the old SLN and wrote a book about simple living in the city.

Did Hummingbird not change her name and then mention some personal health challenges at a late time?

Pansy and I met IRL along with another person whose name I cannot recall right now. She had written a story and some members thought that the story was a real situation and were very upset when they found out it was all a fictional account.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Someone who did know and has since passed away herself, confirmed WJSimons' passing. There was a little controversy about finding out WJ's name IRL when confirming but I don't remember much of it at all.
    I always admired Jonathan who seemed the pillar of the old SLN and wrote a book about simple living in the city.

Did Hummingbird not change her name and then mention some personal health challenges at a late time?

Pansy and I met IRL along with another person whose name I cannot recall right now. She had written a story and some members thought that the story was a real situation and were very upset when they found out it was all a fictional account.
    Jonathan was cool. I remember him from when I first arrived here August 2005 and I miss his posts. I actually miss all the old crew - Trisch, Jonathan, KIB, and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head right now. Rob

I liked Redfox.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post

...Did Hummingbird not change her name and then mention some personal health challenges at a late time?
    Hummingbird had a few names. She died of a stroke last year at a young age, I am not even sure she was 60.

Thread Information