Thread: Forum Financial Update

Forum Financial Update

I was surprised today by an unexpected series of donations in support of the forums which reminded me that it was past time to provide an update to the community.
    We transitioned from NRM in early November with $0 in our kitty. Since that time we have collected $415 in donations from 12 members. After PayPal fees the net amount totaled $397.94
    In December we had several expenses come due, including annual domain registration, six months hosting and annual DNS service expense. These totaled $268.78
    This leaves us with a current balance of $129.16 with no other expected expenses until June when the next hosting bill comes due.

Great Job Everyone!!! Thanks so much for your support.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I am shocked at how little cash it takes to keep this place on line. But that's only possible because of the time people like Alan donate behind the scenes. Thank you Alan for all you do to keep things running!

Looks like the One Percent is running this board, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I am shocked at how little cash it takes to keep this place on line. But that's only possible because of the time people like Alan donate behind the scenes. Thank you Alan for all you do to keep things running!
    Ditto - thanks, Alan.

Thanks for all of your hard work Alan!

I am just sitting here, thinking that Alan(with all due respect), made a huge faux pas by letting everyone know how modest the expenses were. Heck, for all I knew it could've been $5,136.67 a month, and he could have provided an elaborate, to the penny quasi-expense blotter for to peruse. Told us the Forums' main module is in dire need of a new interogetory conflagrator diatron, est. cost:$15k. Just like the good churches in this town, we'd feel obligated to increase our offerings--er--contributions. See? You could have reached FI, sooner, if you'd just been crooked, darn it! Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

Good point, Packy...

I think it would be great to notify us all about a month before expenses come due how much is needed so we can all make this happen. Thanks Alan for taking this on!

Thread Information