Page 58 of 244 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Catherine, that's exciting! Congrats to all. My first with with fertility treatments and my 2nd was a bonus!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    So thrilled! I'm in San Diego working, and I spoke with DH last night on our nightly on-the-road call. He called me back a few minutes later--I figured he forgot to tell me something. He had just gotten off the phone with our son, who had reported that my DDIL is pregnant!

What makes this particularly exciting is that they had a very difficult time getting pregnant the first time around and had to go to IVF, which worked. But this was a totally unexpected event!! They did the pregnancy test 3 times and couldn't believe it, so she went to the doctor and he confirmed it.

Their son was born only last May, so this baby will be very close in age, much like my 3rd and 4th--(very similar situation--I, too, was taken by surprise).

I'm so happy for them.
    That is so wonderful!!!

Great news, catherine! I hope all goes well with the pregnancy.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

What great news!

I got the green light the other day in Occupational Therapy to start picking up my guitar, not necessarily playing it (yeah, right....). And I have been able to do more and more on the jeweler's bench.

About five weeks post-wrist surgery, things have really started really turning around. I have been able to do more and more with my left hand in the last two weeks. Last week I started ditching wearing the splint, as I felt it was impeding me. Now it is all about combating the stiffness in the tendons. The area where she did the cartilage repair at the bumpy part of the wrist bone is still pretty tender and swollen though and I can actually feel the metal plate holding the ulna together as it heals which is kind of weird. I have a nice 5 inch long scar along the outside of the lower arm from the wrist bone bump going upward toward the elbow.

So last night I was able to eke out a fairly weak version of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here." I can tell it is going to be awhile before I will be able to manage bar chords. All I know is that being able to do the things I love to do, to do the things that make me tick is making my mood improve quite a lot!

Wonderful to hear of this progress, SiouxQ.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

That’s good news.

Great to see this progress, SQ!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I am sitting in Hermann enjoying our new gas fireplace just installed by DH. It is so easy— turn it on, and it is on. Turn it off, it’s off. Want a fire to warm up for 7 minutes? Done! Need to leave the house suddenly? Turn off the fire, easy peasy.

This gas fireplace world is great!

3C803A3B-F8F7-4BEA-9DDF-8028D789F9BC.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice, IL!

Thread Information