Page 132 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 2432

Thread: The Daily Rave

Sounds like a great day Happy! It also reminds me that Sis has been wanting to visit a local winery that does wine tastings on the weekends and she isn't working next weekend, so maybe!

This is not really a rave, but I'm parking it here anyway. Maybe it's a rave about feeling like I'm where I belong.

DH's birthday was the other day and we decided we'd meet two of our kids and SIL for bowling. During the day I was wearing my "uniform" of denim leggings, Van sneakers, and LL Bean hoodie. When DH got dressed, he really got overdressed for bowling, but he has lost a ton of weight and is feeling great, so he's returning to HIS roots from when he would shop at the tony spots in Princeton. Starched casual dress shirt, linen shorts, deck shoes. So I decided to up my game and changed my outfit.

We get to the bowling alley and the kids commented that DH looked great, and I looked VERY Vermont. "Yeah," I said, "I decided to get dressed up." It then hit me that getting "dressed up" meant I had changed out of one LL Bean outfit and into an LL Bean flannel shirt and lumberjack-print quilted outdoor vest. I said to my daughter, who dresses VERY stylishly: "uh oh. When getting dressed up means I get out my best flannel, maybe you should worry about me."

But truth be told, I don't care if I ever get "dressed up" Princeton-style again.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Lol. One should be comfy when one is bowling - lol. Hope you all had fun.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    This is not really a rave, but I'm parking it here anyway. Maybe it's a rave about feeling like I'm where I belong.

DH's birthday was the other day and we decided we'd meet two of our kids and SIL for bowling. During the day I was wearing my "uniform" of denim leggings, Van sneakers, and LL Bean hoodie. When DH got dressed, he really got overdressed for bowling, but he has lost a ton of weight and is feeling great, so he's returning to HIS roots from when he would shop at the tony spots in Princeton. Starched casual dress shirt, linen shorts, deck shoes. So I decided to up my game and changed my outfit.

We get to the bowling alley and the kids commented that DH looked great, and I looked VERY Vermont. "Yeah," I said, "I decided to get dressed up." It then hit me that getting "dressed up" meant I had changed out of one LL Bean outfit and into an LL Bean flannel shirt and lumberjack-print quilted outdoor vest. I said to my daughter, who dresses VERY stylishly: "uh oh. When getting dressed up means I get out my best flannel, maybe you should worry about me."

But truth be told, I don't care if I ever get "dressed up" Princeton-style again.
    Good for you! It's a different, more relaxed stage of life, and I think it's a better one. I used to be Little Ms Talbots, with a closet full of suits. Nowadays when I want to look presentable, I wear the newer LL Bean Vista Camp pants that aren't pilled, lol.

At work I went from thrift store basically presentable to, in retirement, thrift store bag lady.

Thankfully I can wear jeans to work. Pretty much all clothes come from Talbots as their plus petite sizing is fabulous.

I live in jeans and plain t-shirts at work. Usually dark colored. At home it’s leggings and older t-shirts.

I wear my purple crocs everywhere.

Both the warehouse and this custodial job are pretty relaxed with dress code. Now it is t-shirts and either jeans or cargo pants. This job has a clothing allowance, so I'm also getting some good work shoes, insoles and more cargo pants/shorts. All the pockets are very useful in this job. lol
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Imagine the thrilling fashion show we could present!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I love it!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information