Page 185 of 244 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2440

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    What luxury! Our one and only bathroom is on the first floor and our one and only bedroom is on the second floor, so we are both very proficient in going up and downstairs in a semi-awake state after 37+ years of practice.
    It IS a luxury, agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Happy: That is so wonderful when families are friends, allies and support for one another!

We went to a concert Friday night, our first live music event since Covid. I wanted to share so that Jeppy and Bobby could take pleasure in making fun of me, lol. We wore masks the whole time, and there were only about a half dozen of us in the theater doing so. It was well-ventilated and not too hot, so the masks weren't a problem for us. The band was Melvin Seals and the Jerry Garcia Band. We really like them and had seen them 3 times previously. The Cabot https://thecabot.org/about is a smallish venue, a restored older theater with seats that are actually pretty comfortable, and very reasonable ticket prices (although Ticketbastard tacks on quite a bit of additional in the way of fees). They play Grateful Dead music and songs that the JGB played when Jerry was alive. Melvin is the one member of the band who used to actually play with Jerry, and he plays a Hammond organ. We had a really good time!
    Okay---Yah, going to an auditorium to see a tribute band rates criticism from littlebittymee. Hippie music is best suited to an outdoor venue. But, you left out the dollar amount for the tickkicks & also the mileage driven & of course---the drive-N-eat factors. So no, I don't know how much criticism to dish out, here. Nope. Plus, leaving the Catts home alone is very troubling. Yup. Hope that helps you some.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    We have around 20 Dollar General, 20 Dollar Tree, and 20 Family Dollar stores in Indianapolis. They take up less space as a store and fit into more neighborhoods.
    Okay--I shop at Dollar Tree & Dollar General, depending on what I'm shopping for. Both stores handle TGI Fridays Tato Skins. But yeah---Dollar General is higher-priced, but if you live a few miles out & DG is the closest, then by all means. Traffic is murder & driving costs $$. Hope that helps you some. Thankk mee.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay---Yah, going to an auditorium to see a tribute band rates criticism from littlebittymee. Hippie music is best suited to an outdoor venue. But, you left out the dollar amount for the tickkicks & also the mileage driven & of course---the drive-N-eat factors. So no, I don't know how much criticism to dish out, here. Nope. Plus, leaving the Catts home alone is very troubling. Yup. Hope that helps you some.
    To assist you in criticizing with greater precision:
    • Ticket face value was $49.50 each, but as I recall, Ticketmaster fees added another $15 or so per ticket. Next time we will go to the box office to buy the tickets, but we decided to go at short notice and box office has limited days/hours.
    • Venue was only 14 miles away.
    • Parking cost 25 cents.
    • We ate at home before the show, and we did not buy any food or drink or merchandise at the show.
    • The cats don't seem to mind if we leave them in peace for a few hours, as long as we don't forget to feed them before we go.

The only thing I have any regret about is the Ticketmaster fees, and would take steps to avoid those next time.

I have lived in old houses that had bedrooms up and the one bathroom downstairs. Good thing I was young and only had to get up in the middle of night when pregnant.

Wow. Long gone are the Christmases when I bought DH clothes at the Princeton, NJ Ralph Lauren and he bought me clothes a block away at Ann Taylor.

Look what I'm so excited to buy him for Christmas now!!

https://www.northerntool.com/images/...acker-2022.gif

I'm so psyched!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Wow. Long gone are the Christmases when I bought DH clothes at the Princeton, NJ Ralph Lauren and he bought me clothes a block away at Ann Taylor.

I'm so psyched!
    Catherine, that is so cool! I bought my husband a new Case knife, but I may have to get this for both of us!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post

I'm so psyched!
    That looks like a great tool. I hope it’s as easy to use as this demo shows.

Very cool. Makes splitting kindling look easy!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Very cool, Catherine!

Thread Information