Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Gee, yesterday I paid a bill online for the doctor for $813 and then I went to the mailbox and pulled out an insurance-adjusted bill for only $205!! I'm going to call them first thing Monday and hopefully I'll get a refund or a credit without a hassle!!
    NEVER pay a healthcare bill until after you have received the EOB AND a new adjusted balance-due from the provider.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Gee, yesterday I paid a bill online for the doctor for $813 and then I went to the mailbox and pulled out an insurance-adjusted bill for only $205!! I'm going to call them first thing Monday and hopefully I'll get a refund or a credit without a hassle!!
    Good luck on that, catherine. I would tend to think that they would most likely give you a credit towards that particular doctor's bill instead of a refund, per se. Although if you used a credit card to pay they might credit back the card. Keep us updated on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    NEVER pay a healthcare bill until after you have received the EOB AND a new adjusted balance-due from the provider.
    That's what I do with my Mom - although between Medicare and her MHBP from my stepfather, lots of times she ends up having a zero balance. She has the AARP prescription plan for drugs and since she had to go into rehab with her hip replacement and her aneurysm, she has qualified for Extra Help from SS for her drug co-pays. Medicare covered 100% for the first 21 days o each of her rehab stays, but I had to apply for Medicaid for her to pay for the rest of her rehab costs.