Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244
Results 2,431 to 2,436 of 2436

Thread: The Daily Rave

Way to go, Siouz!

Glad you got it fixed!

This is not a rave exactly it’s just funny:

This morning, DH got a call from someone in our old neighborhood asking about how to turn on the water for the community garden there. DH was once in charge of the irrigation system, but hasn’t had responsibility for it for several years now.

But here is what’s funny: the guy who called is the former water commissioner for the city of St. Louis.
    I am not a serious person.

That is indeed amusing, IL.

I earned a little money this week, for the first time in months. I manned my friend's little bead store in our village for 5 hours yesterday (I have no idea if any of you remember, but I used to manage a bead store for nine years long ago back in Michigan, so it's a no-brainer pick-up job for me). I was about 2.5 hours in when it started to hurt there sitting - her chair is better than the one at my old job, but not great. By four hours in it was pretty painful and difficult to make it through until 5pm, but I did it. I told her this morning I could do some half days if she needed to leave and pick up her son, or possibly just one day per week. We'll see what happens - I have a lot of doctor appointments coming up to find out what sort of treatment/surgery is in the cards for me. The best time of the day for me is from around 10-2pm, and after that, I'm toast.

Then this morning I did an on-line Zoom focus group for the jury selection process for a court case coming up in a different county. It was the second time I've ever done this, but the first time doing it via Zoom. It was really interesting, and I made $125 for 3 hours of my time! I will look for more opportunities like this. Meanwhile, my disbility case is being reviewed by Social Security. All I need to do at this point is send all my medical notes/clinic documents to my law firm and wait.
    Last edited by SiouzQ.; 4-13-24 at 11:40pm.

Lots going on, SiouzQ! Congrats on being able to work a bit and good luck with all the medical stuff!!!! Thanks for keeping us updated!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information