Page 67 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Rave, I made a loaf of no knead cheese bread and it was fantastic. First time. No crazy ingredients and it only took about 15 minutes of my time which was mostly gathering ingredients and pans.

Crispy crust, easy to cut, could slice thin, still moist, stayed nice for the 48 hours it lasted. We used it plain, in a fried egg in a hole, and as a toasted cheese sandwich bread.

Yppej
    Thank you IL.

Y, holding a good thought that this is your perfect job!

Yppej
    Thank you TT.

I'm very excited because the wheel of cheddar I made on the weekend was in danger of being too rubbery because I added too much rennet (I forgot I had already added the rennet so added some more). But it seems fine and I'll wax it later on this afternoon. And I tried making ricotta out of the whey from the cheddar and had it last night in a mini lasagna and it was great. It's the little things

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It is a freeeking miracle at the irislily house.

see what is going on here? Roofing. Professional roofing. The leak from hell will be fixed I hope but honestly I am worried about it. DH has been chasing that leak for more than a decade. He fixes it in one spot and then it shows up in another spot.

Attachment 2673
    In real life my house is not upside down.

I do not want to jinx my New roof. It scares me that DH and I are both apprehensive about the solidity of our new roof. But I want to say that the new roof has been through one pouring rain and one gentle rain.

And so far, no leaks. This is a big giant deal.

DH is in Hermann felling trees, and we talked about the big rain the other night. I told him hey I have no idea how much it rained because it didn’t rain in my bedroom so how would I know how much it rained? I can no longer use that rain gauge in the bedroom. Ha ha

A bluebird couple is checking out the box!!!! We had a family there last year and I am hoping they will feel good about coming this year, too. The female sat on a crook for a good 5 minutes soaking up the sun! The male was hanging out on another crook then the electric wire- their favorite spot in the summer along with the hummingbirds. Luckily I can see this bird box from the dining room window!

Yesterday I sold my two favorite pieces of my jewelry I have ever made; my sterling silver cuff with a large piece of Royston Turquoise and a necklace in sterling with a beautiful piece of Fossilized Fern and turquoise. It will be a very handsome commission next month; the biggest one day sale I have ever had!

I really needed this validation as a silversmith, as the past few months has been pretty slow for me. I am starting to have some faith that the upcoming tourist season is finally beginning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

S, wow that jewelry is gorgeous!

I agree! So beautiful! Do you have an Easy account?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    S, wow that jewelry is gorgeous!

Thread Information