Thread: No Aggressive Behavior

No Aggressive Behavior

Cut the cave man act.

We're barbarians. Human beings did not evolve psychologically since time immemorial, we think we did, but I'm afraid we didn't.

We think we did for two major reasons:

1. We adopted various ideologies, set of beliefs, based on morality and what we believe is right action;
    2. We see biological evolution, mutation, and we think that evolution is also happening inwardly.

The future us will always judge our past ideologies. I could name one very popular belief, act, concerning adopted animals, pets, that I think the future us will look and see it totally different, but nowadays, you can't argue about it. Right action is sometimes questionable, like they say: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Inward mutation, transformation, should probably be mankind task in this world, if you change, the entire human race changes. You are now the construct of thousands of years of human beings, the same inclinations, the same fears, the same rituals, the same traditions, overall, the same conditioning. Your actions and thoughts, are based on those thousands of years of constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by Portuguese John Here View Post
    We're barbarians. Human beings did not evolve psychologically since time immemorial, we think we did, but I'm afraid we didn't.

We think we did for two major reasons:

1. We adopted various ideologies, set of beliefs, based on morality and what we believe is right action;
    2. We see biological evolution, mutation, and we think that evolution is also happening inwardly.

The future us will always judge our past ideologies. I could name one very popular belief, act, concerning adopted animals, pets, that I think the future us will look and see it totally different, but nowadays, you can't argue about it. Right action is sometimes questionable, like they say: the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Inward mutation, transformation, should probably be mankind task in this world, if you change, the entire human race changes. You are now the construct of thousands of years of human beings, the same inclinations, the same fears, the same rituals, the same traditions, overall, the same conditioning. Your actions and thoughts, are based on those thousands of years of constructs.
    Thank you very much, John. I was thinking that a step in the right direction might be to peacefully restore the borders of Europe, to what they were in 800 A.D. (see map) Thankk Mee.2024-04-09 (2).jpg2024-04-09 (2).jpg

We tend to assume that humans have free will, generally speaking. This was required reading for a college course and makes the point that we are hard wired for aggression. "On Aggression" by Konrad Lorenz.

https://www.goodreads.com/en/book/show/1378136
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Thread Information