Page 71 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Marijuana legalization. I was able to try out this drug in an edible form so no nasty smoke in my lungs, no fear of arrest, no fear of what a street dealer may have mixed in with it.

This could work as a sleep aid for me, but overall I was not impressed. My vision annoyingly blurred some, I felt very lazy like I didn't want to stand to talk to someone so I sat on the floor, and I would not describe the product as good tasting. I did not get the giggles like I did in the past with a contact high. It was more super relaxing and I guess I am not anxious enough to crave that. But yes it should be legal for those who like it.
    I have been reading about it and apparently different strains have different effects. Like Indica is supposed to relax you. And Sativa is supposed to give you some pep.

I am no expert, but there are experts out there.

Jep I played with recreational MJ in edible form last year, purchased in Colorado. Gosh it wasn’t nearly as much fun as I remembered from my youth. And yes it jacked up my appetite, the last thing I need, the very last thing. I gathered up all the remaining edibles and gave them to my cousin.

Finding the right strain to do what you want it to do--in just the right form-- is practically a part-time job. Leafly.com is a lot of help in that regard, but in the meantime, I'll make do with OTC analgesics.

Driving back late yesterday afternoon from an out-of-town class for work, I saw a beautiful large rainbow. Also saw a coyote successfully run across four lanes of interstate.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Driving back late yesterday afternoon from an out-of-town class for work, I saw a beautiful large rainbow. Also saw a coyote successfully run across four lanes of interstate.
    Nice - lucky coyote!

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Sounds like a good day, beckyliz!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

The other day, I flushed a bunny from front yard thicket. Yesterday I flushed a chickadee from my living room. At least I think I did--I left the door open and made myself scarce. He seems to be gone...

Yppej
    My nail tech. Unlike the Cambodian couple I have written about elsewhere she works hard at a low paying job with exposure to chemicals while being pleasant. Her language skills are extremely limited but she hasn't let that or her age (late 50"s judging by the age of her kids and her gray roots) keep her out of the workforce. I gave her a good tip.

Today I am loving and respecting the woman who bought this Scottish castle, Cassillis House, a decade ago for $3 million ( or maybe that was Euros.)

https://search.savills.com/property-...bedruedr100016

She put millions into the careful restoration of this important Scottish historical artifact. She loved it nurtured it and did everything right. Oh did I mention that she spent millions?

She now has it on the market for $3.9/ or Euros. In other words she is losing a ton of money but that’s OK with her because the property is now renovated and stable.

She is a goddess of historic renovation!

Here is a video if her work with this splendid structure:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J-VFlRxWy_I

That is an amazing video of the restoration, iL. I cannot begin to imagine the cost involved. Wonder who would be interested in buying it?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information