Page 241 of 246 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 2460

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Iris, Good news! I have been to Perth and bought a paperweight, millefoile I think it's called with the pretty little rods that make a flower design. We saw them make one. So, you might need to put it on a list for your next trip.
    I am glad you have your Perth memerabilia. Those paperweights are pretty.
    I am not a serious person.

Got all my weekend chores done tonight except for a few loads of laundry. Wanted to have a relaxing two days off where it's not spent cleaning a good portion of each day. I even decorated a little for St Patrick's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    Got all my weekend chores done tonight except for a few loads of laundry. Wanted to have a relaxing two days off where it's not spent cleaning a good portion of each day. I even decorated a little for St Patrick's Day.
    That’s great! I’ll do that sometimes, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    That’s great! I’ll do that sometimes, too!
    Normally I will just do my boys' bathroom on Friday night but got on a roll and kept going. Would take breaks now and then to watch the hockey game on TV. It was somewhat enjoyable than powering through multiple chores to get done early afternoon so the entire day isn't spent cleaning.

My brown cat, disabled for several months, has completely healed. He now comes downstairs on the regular to hang out with us all. He is now more affectionate than he was even before his illness.

It remains a mystery what injury kept him lethargic for several months. Poor kitty, He just needed to heal on his own.

Here he is today, hanging out.

IMG_4214.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    My brown cat, disabled for several months, has completely healed. He now comes downstairs on the regular to hang out with us all. He is now more affectionate than he was even before his illness.

It remains a mystery what injury kept him lethargic for several months. Poor kitty, He just needed to heal on his own.

Here he is today, hanging out.

IMG_4214.jpg
    Wow! That is so great!! Did you ever have any idea what his illness was from?

My rave of the day is, I said no! This is like a kid telling her parent she went potty by herself.

The BIL saga continues.

Well, after 16 months of him doing very well at his job and never once asking us for a penny (even though he had to figure out how to make ends meet on a cashier's salary), he has had a stumble--some of it bad luck and some of it bad decisions. He got fired from his job. His hiring manager seems to have been very sympathetic and liked him, but she left and was replaced by a manager who either "had it out for him," or was not going to tolerate an employee undermining her. We suspect it was the latter. Simultaneously his landlord decided to change the apartment from a shared roommate situation into a single family apartment. So he also had no place to live That was the bad news.

The good news was that he got another job and room right away. Bad news is he didn't have an income for a couple of weeks in between and his unemployment for those weeks is mysteriously somewhere in the system, so he doesn't have money for rent for March. Plus he's sick as a dog--some respiratory illness and he was sent home from work yesterday so that's another day he won't be getting paid. He is freaking out that he is late with the rent--afraid the landlady will kick him out. We told him that she can't do that, and that any reasonable landlord will give a few days' grace given the circumstances.

But he was looking for us to cover the rent--$1500 (for a crappy basement room with several other people in the house.... housing is ridiculous here!!).

We said no. We promised him that we would never let him sleep on the streets or go hungry, but he has to deal with this on his own. I hope it works out for him, but we really can't afford to bail him out. I'm sure he doesn't understand that, but that's his problem. My son asked if we were going to offer him the camper for a few weeks, and we said no to that, too. My daughter and DH and I are joint owners of the camper. It's not ours to give away. Please pray (if you pray) that things do work out with his unemployment and room, and that he doesn't get fired again (I don't think he's doing too well at his latest job).
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

What a tough situation, Catherine! I am horrified at the rent he pays for a room in a basement, shared housing. Wow. Is he old enough for senior housing yet, and is he on a waiting list?

Our cat was under veterinary care, being treated for arthritic pain. That was not the problem as it turns out. He was under the weather for 6 months. It was probably a torn muscle or damaged disc.

catherine, I am so glad you said no to this current BIL crises.

Please read the movie reviews thread, I made a post for you.

Your BIL is very fortunate in that low level jobs are begging for workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    What a tough situation, Catherine! I am horrified at the rent he pays for a room in a basement, shared housing. Wow. Is he old enough for senior housing yet, and is he on a waiting list?
    Yes, being 61 he is eligible for senior housing and I have a call in to a nice place now (rents start at 1100) and am expecting a call back. He is in the queue for affordable housing, and he actually has a "in" of sorts--my son was on the board of the Burlington Housing Trust, but they, of course, are not allowed to favor anyone. The only thing they can is be aware that he is waiting (like everyone else.) They say it can take 2 years to get a place. That rent is, indeed unbelievable. He went to see a place out of town but 20 minutes from work. He said it looked abandoned. Black paint over some windows; no landscaping and grass and weeds growing wild. The studio he went to look at was so small that he didn't think he would even fit in the shower. But... he is actually reconsidering taking it at this point. It's $865. I am hoping he can get through the year OK. when he turns 62 in January, at least he'll have social security and he can continue to work, although that will reduce his SS a little.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information