Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Not the case here. Leaf blowers going nonstop ... the leave are falling in droves. Many are using their mowers to mulch the leaves. YLMV
    That's what I do, blow the leaves away from the house and out of the flower beds, then mulch them with the mower. I think one more time later this week and I'll be done.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I guess the gods are just against me in spending money. You will recall that, horrified at the high-end estimate for a new kitchen in our tiny condo, I drafted DH to do the work.

But furniture, I can afford that, right? So, I spent weeks shopping around for a French day bed. I found new ones that ranged from serviceable to very cute, from $800 to $2300. They were new but had some old styling of .frenchie influence. Ok, fine, money no object!

Then I took a look at .craigslist. Found a Directoire style bed, used, for $125. Looked nice in the photo, looked nice in real life, bought it. The owner told how she ID’d it’s lineage—likely it is pre-1900 (has horsehair stuffing) and the antique dealer she spoke with thinks it was made in France. Score!!!

If I wasn’t so picky I would even keep the upholstery because it’s a nice neutral cream color, but I’m going to upholster it with blue velvet which should cost around $100-$200.

F65A3680-0973-460A-BED6-FB99DE855808.jpg

Very cool, IL!! Nothing better than deals like that!!! Haha, you can't spend money even when you want to!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

IL, very nice!

44 years ago today my wife said 'I Do', and by any quality of life scale, it appears she still does. How lucky can one man be?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    44 years ago today my wife said 'I Do', and by any quality of life scale, it appears she still does. How lucky can one man be?
    Congratulations! Happy Anniversary, Alan!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Congrats!! In a few days is our anniversary too... 47 years and we still like each other! Life is good.

Oh that is so nice! Congrats to you and the mrs.

Congratulations to both with many more years together to come.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Congrats!

Thread Information