Page 81 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Home grown lima beans.They are wow!

we have had a batch in the freezer. I cooked some of them today, and freezing them didn't dull their taste.

I used to hate lima beans and then I bought some grown locally organic and wow, now I make them a regular meal, with rice and collards. Quel difference.

Geila
    There was a wonderful 7 yo. German Shepard dog at our shelter and I just kept wanting to bring him home. He was such a sweet and mellow guy, and thin from neglect and malnutrition from his previous life. He'd been there since mid January and my heart hurt when I saw him still there every time I came in. But he got adopted this weekend!!! Yay!!! So happy for him getting a chance at a brand new life.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    There was a wonderful 7 yo. German Shepard dog at our shelter and I just kept wanting to bring him home. He was such a sweet and mellow guy, and thin from neglect and malnutrition from his previous life. He'd been there since mid January and my heart hurt when I saw him still there every time I came in. But he got adopted this weekend!!! Yay!!! So happy for him getting a chance at a brand new life.
    That IS heartwarming!

The weather outside is glorious, and the curmudgeonly yard-work hater in me objects, but it really is nice for a change.

Good news about the Shepard who got a home.

Geila
    We finally got some rain! It wasn't much, but it was rain. I think it rained for like 30 minutes. We hadn't had anything since beginning of January I think, and we are at 30% of normal. We barely get like 14" a year as it is, on a normal year. It's nice to have fresh clean air and see the plants get a good shower.

Made it home safely from the Rio Grande. Was worried about not having any food in the house and the possibility of shelves at the stores being empty. Went grocery shopping and the stores were busy but found everything we needed... thankfully!

Frugal-one, that is such good news!! Very glad to hear when travelers home safe.

Glad that I have family and friends, that I can at least reach out to if not visit in the flesh, and everyone healthy so far.

Glad I have a job that I enjoy, that gets me outdoors and keeps me in shape, and grounded, and a boss that I can discuss pilosophy and mindfullness with, or lifes cruelty and problems, both with equal ease.

Love my location in the trailer park, with woods and streams and railroad tracks and the municipal airport nearby, so I can walk the dog in a place he loves, and listen to the trains at night, and the coyotes.

Glad that Im healthy, and after a lifetime of labor still able to exercise, and run, and be physical and able to enjoy it after all the hard miles and abuse.

Im thrilled and proud of folks reaction to the fear and worry of being caught up in a pandemic, and a situation that is difficult to control at best. Ive had random people wish me well, and Ive been motivated to have (slightly distant lol) conversations with people who normally wouldnt be in my orbit. So far, I have seen no panic or ill will or malicious behavior, not IRL, and thats some small comfort for me after a day reading news headlines, and I'll take it.

This site ain't bad either. Kind of a nice thing to find to close the night out.

Thread Information