Page 33 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Gee, yesterday I paid a bill online for the doctor for $813 and then I went to the mailbox and pulled out an insurance-adjusted bill for only $205!! I'm going to call them first thing Monday and hopefully I'll get a refund or a credit without a hassle!!
    NEVER pay a healthcare bill until after you have received the EOB AND a new adjusted balance-due from the provider.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Gee, yesterday I paid a bill online for the doctor for $813 and then I went to the mailbox and pulled out an insurance-adjusted bill for only $205!! I'm going to call them first thing Monday and hopefully I'll get a refund or a credit without a hassle!!
    Good luck on that, catherine. I would tend to think that they would most likely give you a credit towards that particular doctor's bill instead of a refund, per se. Although if you used a credit card to pay they might credit back the card. Keep us updated on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    NEVER pay a healthcare bill until after you have received the EOB AND a new adjusted balance-due from the provider.
    That's what I do with my Mom - although between Medicare and her MHBP from my stepfather, lots of times she ends up having a zero balance. She has the AARP prescription plan for drugs and since she had to go into rehab with her hip replacement and her aneurysm, she has qualified for Extra Help from SS for her drug co-pays. Medicare covered 100% for the first 21 days o each of her rehab stays, but I had to apply for Medicaid for her to pay for the rest of her rehab costs.

How cool is this!!!??? Below, photos of my 1st place design featuring the lily"Anastasia" at the North American Lily Soceity show.

Guess who is standing by it? Judith Freeman, world class lily hybridizer who created "Anastasia." This makes me verklept, it is so special.

IMG_0865.jpg

Yppej
    Your second award in a week? Beyond impressive.

that is truly gorgeous

WOW!!

Nice! Meeting Ms. Freeman must be like me meeting Steve Wozniak (one of the founders of Apple; can't meet Steve Jobs anymore). A memorable day...

(ETA upon rereading I've never met Woz. But I imagine the feeling would be the same and it would be a memorable day.)
    Last edited by SteveinMN; 6-30-17 at 10:08pm.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by iris lily View Post
    How cool is this!!!??? Below, photos of my 1st place design featuring the lily"Anastasia" at the North American Lily Soceity show.

Guess who is standing by it? Judith Freeman, world class lily hybridizer who created "Anastasia." This makes me verklept, it is so special.

IMG_0865.jpg
    Retirement has been good for your art. Elegant arrangement; very deserving!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Your second award in a week? Beyond impressive.
    Well, this is prime flower show season. This recent win was just a class win, it was not the best in show. I did get a special award for a species lily I grew and I will post a photo of it tomorrow.

Yesterday I drove home to cut lilies for the horticulture show and I found that someone had reached through our fence and snapped off a lily which I had planned to take to the show. I didnt have another stem of that cultivar. That was a bummer! I do have a plant theft each hear but it has never been a blue ribbon show entry, usually they take items I dont care about.

Thread Information