Page 160 of 244 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2440

Thread: The Daily Rave

Our neighbor has Guinea hens or keets...they are the noisiest and funniest birds I've ever watched. They race across our back yard into the meadow and just seem so determined to get where ever it is they aim yakking all the way! He said they eat ticks and snakes! So they are welcome to run in my yard whenever they want. I laughed for several minutes watching them

Just looked them up-keets are babies.

My alma mater won the men's Division 1 basketball championship Monday night! Which means I won $30 in my work pool. Hey - it's half a tank of gas!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

My newly adopted coonhound after two weeks is coming out of her shell and enjoying the family life.

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    My newly adopted coonhound after two weeks is coming out of her shell and enjoying the family life.
    We would love to see pictures!

Hounds are such interesting dogs. Loved my previous dog who was so gentle and patient except about cats. My current beagle is the same. The noses rule the head is a hound's motto.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Hounds are such interesting dogs. Loved my previous dog who was so gentle and patient except about cats. My current beagle is the same. The noses rule the head is a hound's motto.
    Yes I have so found out in two weeks! Ears close when nose is down.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    We would love to see pictures!
    I tried but must not be smart enough to figure out how!

Quote Originally Posted by BikingLady View Post
    I think bae has a coonhound. I know razz has a beagle.

My bulldogs say “ you hounds, go ahead out there running around sniffing out things. We’ll stay here and snooze on the couch. Let us know if you find anything,”

My poinsettia has been blooming steadily since last fall. Here is a photo:poinsettia resized.jpg

Shoot. Don't know why it is upside down.
    This was the plant I brought to my parents a year ago January 6, and when I picked it up in March from their room, it was five yellow sticks, no leaves. Same plant that was out in the garden last summer.

I think my dad sits in that room and reads at night. He always liked poinsettias and once, when down in the Keys, took a boat out to see the house of the guy who was a big deal in bringing them to the US.

That is one happy poinsettia blooming so well.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information