Page 46 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Yppej
    Nswef that sounds like a dream come true.

My daily rave: Purchased vitamins from a mail order vitamin company (not sure if I'm allowed to name). The seal on two of the bottles was broken (with this moldy looking stuff visible on top). Got a replacement within 2 days (and postage paid mailer to mail back defective product). They have earned my loyalty.

Nswef- WTG!!!

"Double down".

I'm really starting to hate that term. Used too often and -- I think -- often inaccurately. I hope it dies soon. In fact, let me double down on that hope.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

A Paris taxi driver thought I was French! He said my accent was excellent

Thank you Duolingo!

My wonderful DH cleaned up “my” section of our
    Hermann property, removing lots of shrubs, cutting them to below ground. It was a surprise! Now I just have to remove the little stuff.

i was feeling discouraged about getting this land ready to plant by fall, but now I see I can have it ready in three weekends of work. He has one smallish tree to remove from that area, a one day job.

Very sweet of him)

We have bluebirds making a nest in a box right next to the porch where I can watch the progress up close and personally!!! The box is very old, housed bluebirds when it was on another fence that was removed, then sat dormant for a couple of years and we finally put it on a trellis post- I ripped out a sparrow nest earlier and now the bluebirds are there!

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    We have bluebirds making a nest in a box right next to the porch where I can watch the progress up close and personally!!! The box is very old, housed bluebirds when it was on another fence that was removed, then sat dormant for a couple of years and we finally put it on a trellis post- I ripped out a sparrow nest earlier and now the bluebirds are there!
    Wow! that is so great!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Had a nice interaction with a grocery store employee in Calif. We were unfamiliar with the store layout and saw her in the aisle. Asked her where the olives were, and she pointed to her ear and handed my SO her phone. She gestured for him to speak his request into her phone which he did, and then it translated his voice to text so she could read it. She did and nodded her head and led us to the olives. We thanked her.

The best part was that it was effortless, and I left there very happy knowing that, thanks to technology, she had a job she could accomplish and that we as customers could easily interact with her. A simple thing that would have seemed impossible a few short decades ago.

Thread Information