Page 87 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    lol bean
    Is that like Whole Paycheck? Or Maison Blanc (White Castle)?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Is that like Whole Paycheck? Or Maison Blanc (White Castle)?
    well LL Bean can be stuffy and pricey, haha. But mine was a typo.

I adore the "ignore" function on this site. Thank you whoever provided it.

2 male hummingbirds FINALLY! I had put the feeder out in May, got a few early, then nothing. Changed the nectar, no go, but then made a new batch and here they are. That happened last year, too. I don't know why the first batch of nectar isn't to their liking, but I am so glad they are back. I sit on a screened porch and am only about 3 feet away from the feeder, so I get to see them up close. I love how some sit and take long drinks and some flit in and out. One male is long beaked and lean the other has a shorter beak and is a little stockier. One female is long and lean. Such joy to see them!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I adore the "ignore" function on this site. Thank you whoever provided it.
    And thanks to you all who use it! Rather than expecting moderators to step in any time there is strife or even a hint of strife, take charge yourself for of your forum content!

It reminds me of the library materials challenges
    I used to get in my job. I had to remind the complainer that not all library materials are appropriate for everyone. Pass by things that are not up your alley. If you’re trying to control the entire content because others might be hurt or offended, just don’t.

I am watching a Reddit forum disintegrate due to over moderation which is breeding high expectations for “my feelings can’t be hurt so now we need trigger warnings.” Aye, Carumba! What is hilarious is that this Reddit place is a Snark forum, where people gather to talk about bloggers and usually not in a complementary way. It’s not a happy -flowers -rainbows -fairies -puppies place. There was a legitimate concern on this Reddit forum about racism and that has been addressed and is a continuing area of concern, but the rest of it is silly.

I have a little green tomato in my planter!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Nice!! My plants are still tiny, but that's typical here if you grow from seed.

Just found $4500 from my MIL's estate on our state's unclaimed property. Will fill out the paperwork to share it with my brother-in-law. Who can't use an extra $2250? go check for any unclaimed property you may have in any state you've lived in!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Becky, that’s great. I have checked many times in all the states I have lived in.

That is so cool Becky!

Thread Information