Page 53 of 243 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Really wish you would stop hogging all of that crisp cool weather.
    Well today it will be near 80, but Friday when we plan to hit some haunted houses will be crisp and cool again.

WS, it’s sad that in the past many dads had to put the kids on the back burner for their job. My ex had to also. I loved to hunt with my dad. He rarely shot anything. He hunted pheasants and rabbits so I loved the time we spent walking and talking. We would take the dogs to flush out the prey and just enjoyed being together. As a kid it didn’t bother me when he killed something and we ate it. Now of course I couldn’t do that.

Picked out a very cute pumpkin today

We spent the day at farms eating goodies and looking at the vendors stuff. Also did some wine tasting. Ran into my youngest son BF from high school and his parents who live in Kansas. Small world!

I wanted to give myself some flowers (difficult week) and there was a gorgeous huge yellow mum outside the food co-op. It said $4.99 and I figured, it will last longer than roses. When it rang up it was only $1.50
    So I got to pamper myself and feel frugal at the same time. Nice!

My husband cut one huge hydrangea bloom , tucked it in a beer bottle and put it on the kitchen table for me to see when I came home from a 4 day reunion of my 6th grade friends to celebrate our 70th birthdays! What a fantastic week and husband!

I am going to rave about myself! I experienced satisfaction tonight because my past work of the year came to fruition.

I had gone through an updating process of my neighborhood organization’s bylaws, a tedious little process that interested few.

And then a piece of business came up suddenly where we needed to call a special meeting. We have not had a special meeting in at least 20 years. It was a special meeting to spend a shit ton of money, and It was controversial.

This is the time that challenges bylaws. But —yay! Our bylaws were up-to-date, they were easy to find on our website, and officers were able to read them, talk about them, and understand our limits and prescribed process.

One year ago today We could not have carried out this special meeting because we actually didn’t even know who is on the Board of Directors, the bylaws were chaotic.

Frankly, I do not like being the bylaws queen because it worries me I’m going to miss something important. Our bylaws are silent about so many things, but in this I am learning to read state statutes and Roberts rules of order. I keep thinking in my work on the board that someone more senior, a wise person, should be taking on this role. Then it occurrs to me that I am the senior person! All hail me!

Yppej
    Yes, you should be impressed with your kingdom bylaws queen.

All hail IL! Well done!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

You should be proud, Iris Lily, if not downright smug!

Thread Information