Page 120 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2432

Thread: The Daily Rave

Tybee: I've never heard of it. I will add it to my list! Newburyport isn't far from us, maybe a 30 - 45 minute drive, so we typically go there a few times a year.
    Here are some pictures. Not the highest quality since taken with my phone, but right-side-up!

maudslay 2.jpg
    maudslay 3.jpg
    Maudslay 1.jpg
    Ladyslippers 5-28-21.jpg
    me - Maudslay 5-28-21.jpg

Those rhodo bushes are huge! I think that I have seen just one lady's slipper and it was many years ago so appreciate seeing these.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Beautiful photos! And your hair has gotten longer versus your profile picture - I like it!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Great pictures Rosa!

Wonderful photos! You will love the book, Rosa--it is based on an incident in his early years, where the sociologist Warner came to town and wrote Yankee City--in the novel, the sociologist writes Yankee Persepolis. All of that really happened, and the Yankee City books were a sociological study of Newburyport. The novel looks back on his experience of growing up in Newburyport, from the vantage point of someone who had gone away to war in WWII. It's also a great love story.

This is thrilling!:

https://newsazi.com/your-grandmas-pl...in-demand/amp/

main idea: millennials are now collecting grandma’s dinnerware, but are mixing and matching patterns.

I.Am.STOKED about this for many reasons! Fewer piles of plates going to the landfill. Beauty and artistry brought to our tables after sad decades of stark white China ware. Not a color in sight there was. Pattern, color, texture can now joint our homes again. Maybe some restaurants will even pick up this trend.

Great pix! The trees, particularly.

I love the idea of mixing and matching dinnerware, but using new, colorful stoneware rather than delicate china. So I'm no help...

I like the idea of mixing dinnerware also, but especially like mixing the silverware. When I find a fork, spoon or knife with nice detailing, into the drawer it goes.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yesterday I was able to help our teen age hire who weeds...we cleaned off and reset a brick pathway in one of the flower beds. Looking at how the yard and flowers beds look now compared to 2019 when we hired him ( after I broke my hip) his 2 hour stints have enabled me to keep the flower beds under control. I sit on my porch and just marvel at how nice it all looks and smells. Grateful for him, my husband and my restored health.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    Yesterday I was able to help our teen age hire who weeds...we cleaned off and reset a brick pathway in one of the flower beds. Looking at how the yard and flowers beds look now compared to 2019 when we hired him ( after I broke my hip) his 2 hour stints have enabled me to keep the flower beds under control. I sit on my porch and just marvel at how nice it all looks and smells. Grateful for him, my husband and my restored health.
    Glad that all worked out so well for you. I can relate to the enjoyment of a neat garden.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information