Page 79 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

I posted some photos in the Housing thread just now!

Am in the Rio Grande Valley of TX for a few months. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it here. I expected to like the weather but am shocked how much I appreciate the area. First time ever in a mobile home (park model). It is wonderful! Very new and has washer/dryer, cable and wifi. It is 1 bedroom but laid out with pocket doors to minimize noise. DH measured and it is about 400 sf. If we were to live in a mobile home permanently I would add a bedroom and half bath. For short term this is PERFECT! Every day I am thankful to be out of the cold north!

That sounds very nice, Frugal-one! Enjoy your stay!

I am super-excited that there will be another carpentry class beginning on 1/28. The instructor had neck surgery a few months ago, so there was no fall class and I have missed it SO much. Carpentry class has been one of my favorite things about retirement! Cannot wait to be back in the workshop with the sweet smell of sawdust. lol. I really enjoy the other people in the class too. Everyone is very nice and we all help each other out.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    That sounds very nice, Frugal-one! Enjoy your stay!

I am super-excited that there will be another carpentry class beginning on 1/28. The instructor had neck surgery a few months ago, so there was no fall class and I have missed it SO much. Carpentry class has been one of my favorite things about retirement! Cannot wait to be back in the workshop with the sweet smell of sawdust. lol. I really enjoy the other people in the class too. Everyone is very nice and we all help each other out.
    Can't wait to see what you make next! Sawdust is a sweet smell for sure. My dad owned a lumber yard for a few years, and I was a theatrical apprentice one summer, and both of those experiences gave me a very positive sense-memory of the smell of sawdust.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Catherine: I always associated it with home improvements, "I smell sawdust, my house is getting better!"

Yppej
    Mid January temps in the 60's!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Mid January temps in the 60's!
    Yes - I think it actually hit 70 here, and sunny!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Yes - I think it actually hit 70 here, and sunny!
    Took my grandkids to the beach yesterday, and one of them waded into the water.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

File Under The "It's Always Something" Category: Today our electrician is coming over ( a planned visit) to put the water pump and pressurizer tank (which will be new, and is being shipped from Chicago as of yesterday - this is day five of no running water) on a separate circuit. Having the pump on a different circuit will prevent the breaker from being flipped all the time. He is also going to install three hanging pendant lights I bought from Lowe's last fall from the 14 ft. ceiling in the kitchen/family room. As it stands now, we don't have a tall enough ladder to get up there and change light bulbs and they are starting to burn out, one by one. So today's expenses will be $650 from my account.

Yesterday's expenditure for the new water pump and pressurizer tank was $1165 from K's account. We really did not expect to have to replace so much, so soon after buying the house!

I haven’t been to our Hermann House in a little over a month due to dog illness, etc. but DH has been going there weekly. anyway yesterday we came to Hermann and I saw that there were no more trees in the tree grove. They were all gone. The lumberjack I live with took them down in the past month without anyone’s help.

I was worrying and stewing about him taking down the last few, some 40’ + and big around with dead parts. I mentioned periodically can’t we hire a tree company to just drop them here? All they have to do is drop the trees onto the ground and leave. You can dispense with the trunks later at your leisure. he would nod and say yeah OK. But I suspected he was taking them down while I was gone but what I don’t know won’t hurt me.

So today I ask him to measure the biggest tree: 75 feet tall. I kid you not. And it was not some tiny skinny thing.

He’s a workin’ fool, he is crazy!

Thread Information