Page 42 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Wonderful but not without stress. I know in some of the departments they work really hard on a new project, the big deciders decide they don't like the direction of the new project, they'll go through and layoff the whole department. Tell him to make as many friends as possible in a variety of departments. Leads will pull who they like to form a new department.
    He's inherited the family tendency toward introversion, so probably not likely. He was a contractor in a previous life, so he'll be OK.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Is there that much of a dividing line?
    Oh yes. There are the professionals who work hard, and then there those who are there because of who they are related to, are parochial in view, make remarks critical of the ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation and disabilities of fellow employees, frequently engage in X rated conversations, and practice mobbing.

It was so nice today when the boss went to lunch to be out of earshot. That is when their mean girl behavior really kicks into high gear.
    Last edited by Yppej; 12-28-17 at 6:58pm.

My son and his wife, they have such a positive outlook on life. So many exciting things they talk about and look forward too. I want some of that 30 year old outlook again!

I hit a million in a video game I play, one of the Diamond Mine games. Yay, me! It was a fast pacd game.

One of my former foster dogs has moved to London. Her parents sents several photos of her journey on the plane and her new London townhouse and surroundings. She is very happy there. I am tickled that she got such a good home here in Missouri and when the dad was transferred to England they took their dog with them. This dog’s name is Portia.

Portia came into rescue when our rescue director picked her up from rural Missouri where She was tied outdoors to a trailer. They didn’t let her in the house because her tail stunk. She had an ingrown tail pressing on her spine, extremely painful. Her tail was one of the worst our vet had ever seen. After her surgery DH and I took care of her. Her surgical site needed regular flushing and that was kind of a big deal.

But she came out of it ok and was a lovely dog although if I remember correctly she was aggressive toward other dogs.

This is my second foster dog to travel across the pond. The first one was Henry; he went to live in Ireland.

It is so funny to me to see these rural dogs, likely puppy mill products, become jet setters and travelers. These dogs have seen a whole lot more of the world than the local yokels who brought them into the world.

She looks as happy as a bulldog can look. I love happy endings.

IL: lucky pooch! I love the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This is my second foster dog to travel across the pond. The first one was Henry; he went to live in Ireland.

It is so funny to me to see these rural dogs, likely puppy mill products, become jet setters and travelers. These dogs have seen a whole lot more of the world than the local yokels who brought them into the world.
    Did they require any special vetting being from Missouri and having no passports?

Thehttp://www.dceaglecam.org/ is up and running! I was so excited to see the adults in the nest-bringing sticks.

Thread Information