Page 48 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

I have to ask what brand you got, Lainey? I have trouble keeping a suit - they degrade so quickly in the pool chemicals. And yes, I rinse in clear water, hand wash only and don't dry in the dryer. My last suit - a Longitudes as I'm very long torso'd - was bought in April. Dd told me she could see my freckles through it last week! I asked if you could see my hiney, and she said not yet! I think a suit should last longer than that b

Believe it or not it's a label from Penney's - St. John's Bay. And this is the first season I've had it so I may be reassessing after a year or so, but right now it's a winner.

I went to a visitation for a deceased garden club member. Usually I am alone in my habit of scrutinizing each floral arrangement at the funeral home, it is one thing I do to stay focused and present.

So, this time I was there with a bunch of garden club ladies and they all did the same thing. We yakked about the floral designs, guessed which designer at the florist shop made it, discussed unusual plant material and placement. The deceased person would hsve been right there with us.

Because the deceased was a garden club lady, there were a few creative designs among the usual stuff.

This is a rave, not a rant, because at rhis event I felt truly amoung my peeps.

THe family probably understood and enjoyed having all their relative's friends there.

We are musicians, and we went to a wake of a member of our choir. Someone decided to sing a 4 part choral piece, just off the cuff, which we all knew, gathered around the coffin. Unfortunately, the person who decided to start began the took a weird turn in the intro solo and we all went up about five steps--my husband and I started laughing at that point, and we still can't talk about it without laughing. The deceased, a bass, would have been laughing the hardest.

Love this post. When I do a visitation, I try really hard but so discreetly to see what was included in the arrangements. Hard to do at times.

Heard an interesting point recently about choosing a particular florist who made a special effort to ensure that any arrangements ordered for the same visitation would complement each other but not repeat the arrangements. Is this usual?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I went to a visitation for a deceased garden club member. Usually I am alone in my habit of scrutinizing each floral arrangement at the funeral home, it is one thing I do to stay focused and present.

So, this time I was there with a bunch of garden club ladies and they all did the same thing. We yakked about the floral designs, guessed which designer at the florist shop made it, discussed unusual plant material and placement. The deceased person would hsve been right there with us.

Because the deceased was a garden club lady, there were a few creative designs among the usual stuff.

This is a rave, not a rant, because at rhis event I felt truly amoung my peeps.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Love this post. When I do a visitation, I try really hard but so discreetly to see what was included in the arrangements. Hard to do at times.

Heard an interesting point recently about choosing a particular florist who made a special effort to ensure that any arrangements ordered for the same visitation would complement each other but not repeat the arrangements. Is this usual?
    Hmm, interesting! I would imagine that if one florist had several orders the same funeral, he would do that.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-1-18 at 4:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    The deceased, a bass, would have been laughing the hardest.
    I'm sure that's true. Good for you and your choir for contributing music, however "flawed" to the wake.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

When I walked the dog this morning in the shade of our cemetery, I was kept company by 5 beautiful deer, of which 2 were fawns. They are so delicate and delightful. IMG_0167.jpg
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    When I walked the dog this morning in the shade of our cemetery, I was kept company by 5 beautiful deer, of which 2 were fawns. They are so delicate and delightful. IMG_0167.jpg
    That line of trees is lovely.

the deer. I guess they are nice since they are hundreds of miles away from my lilies.

Thread Information