Page 129 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1325

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I finally figured out the clips mystery! I kind of did it again, only this time I wrote "FB clips." It was a reminder to order some spare clips for my Fitbit Inspire, since I wear it clipped to my clothing instead of on my wrist, and the clips tend to break after a bit. I've gone ahead and ordered them so I don't have to write any more perplexing little notes to myself, at least on that particular topic, lol. The vines still need to be clipped.
    What a relief! .
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I finally figured out the clips mystery! I kind of did it again, only this time I wrote "FB clips." It was a reminder to order some spare clips for my Fitbit Inspire, since I wear it clipped to my clothing instead of on my wrist, and the clips tend to break after a bit. I've gone ahead and ordered them so I don't have to write any more perplexing little notes to myself, at least on that particular topic, lol. The vines still need to be clipped.
    Glad to hear the mystery is a mystery no more.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Funny rosa.

I am over the hump and nearly to the end of the race with revising bylaws for my neighborhood association. These bylaws have not been scrutinized in 20 years. They have been added to, piecemeal, and have been internally inconsistent.

There are large swaths of text that were very specific about conducting a meeting, and I know when that text went in into place and which president put it into place. I don’t remember why though. It is all unnecessary.

I slashed an entire Article that made no sense to me. I carried it around to three former presidents asking them what is this article about? Why do we have this in Bylaws? What does it mean? None of them could tell me, although amazingly one ex-president named another ex-president that I consulted as the guy who put it into the bylaws. Haha he did not remember.

We slashed the bylaws from 12 pages down to 8 pages. That is progress. We changed a few concepts, but mainly it’s the same set of Bylaws but now that they are very clean.

This board will not have excuses in the future to fail to follow the bylaws.

IL, that’s your parting gift to them.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This board will not have excuses in the future to fail to follow the bylaws.
    An honorable goal. Well done, IL!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

A friend just gifted me some double-wall glasses and they are amazing! No condensation forms on the outside of an icy cold drink, even on a hot humid day! I've always been a fan of the virtually indestructible Duralex bistro glasses, but these are the best thing ever for a cold drink on a hot day. They also are kind of pricey and look quite fragile, so hedonistic adaptation here I come!
    https://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop...wall&isx=0.0.0
    He also bought me a dozen roses, but I'll be doing three years of income tax returns for him, so he is still getting a bargain.

We visited Mother today and got a chance to speak to the head nurse. She is absolutely wonderful, and my mom is receiving outstanding care at the new place. She is on top of things and truly has my mom's best interests at heart. What a tremendous relief, and how wonderful to have Mother at a place where this nurse is running the unit.

That is wonderful, Tybee!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    We visited Mother today and got a chance to speak to the head nurse. She is absolutely wonderful, and my mom is receiving outstanding care at the new place. She is on top of things and truly has my mom's best interests at heart. What a tremendous relief, and how wonderful to have Mother at a place where this nurse is running the unit.
    This is good to hear. I don’t know – did you report on the end result of the court case with your mother? I assume it came out that she cannot run her own affairs.

Thread Information