Page 52 of 244 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

I got a rejection from a publisher for my picture book, but more encouraging than the last one...this left the door open to submit other manuscripts!

Well that’s a bummer. Keep trying.

I look at it as a rave, because I never dreamed I could write picture books, finish them and submit. So, it's a good thing. JK Rowling had lots of rejections....

Yes now I totally remember that and it only takes one!

Thank you! She gets music from her dad's DNA. I would love to have that kind of magical gift myself - but I get a lot of vicarious pleasure from it
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” -- Gandalf

Yppej
    Fall, fall, glorious fall with crisp temperatures and low humidity, perfect for all things active.

This is not exactly a rave, but it was something odd that was interesting and I liked it. I was strolling around a local antique mall and I ran into product tags that were hand written. The handwriting was very very similar to my own handwriting. It was so odd! Two or three words on the level were exactly as I would write them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Fall, fall, glorious fall with crisp temperatures and low humidity, perfect for all things active.
    Really wish you would stop hogging all of that crisp cool weather.

Ours is awesome!

Williamsmith
    I awoke in the middle of the night as usual but this time pleasantly had warm memories of my youngest son who is far away and whom I greatly miss. He recently told me he is coming home for a week in December to hunt deer with me and his brother. I don’t care about the hunting, I just want to sit with him in the woods like we used to when he was a child. Not needing to really say anything but just sharing time together. I want to answer silly questions, share a hot cup of cocoa and a pop tart and pass him a hand warmer. I miss him and regret not being around more as a father. I’m thankful though for the capacity to recall good times with him.

Thread Information