Page 1 of 243 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Geila

The Daily Rave

I notice there's a daily rant thread that gets lots of mileage!

And I thought it would be nice to have a place for daily raves to complement the daily simple pleasures and to bring the focus back to our collective quest for simple living.

My rave for the day:
    Success in working through the emotional struggle I've been having about letting go of the things that no longer serve a purpose in our lives. Talking it through with everyone on this board has been extremely helpful. Yay!

***Moderators - is there a way to edit the thread title?

This one seems too wordy. I think The Daily Rave would be better, but can't change it. Are you guys able to do it? Thanks!~
    Last edited by iris lily; 2-5-15 at 11:34pm.

Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

I like the daily rave title!

I changed the title.

Daily rave:
    Dreading the 6:30am dog walk after Siri tells me it's 7 degrees, but after crabbily putting on the triple layers and the scarf and the hat and the mittens and finding poop bags and the leash and worrying about the dog pulling me and me slipping on the ice--but then to get outside and realize it's not that cold, and the sunrise is giving me a red sky in the east and the dog finds a little snippet of unfrozen babbling brook to drink out of, I realize the trouble is so worth it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Daily rave:
    Dreading the 6:30am dog walk after Siri tells me it's 7 degrees...and the sunrise is giving me a red sky in the east.
    I enjoyed that red sky sunrise this morning too during my 6:30 a.m. drive. Not quite as cold here. We were at 27 degrees and expecting 70 for tomorrow!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Blue sky, sunshine and no shoveling since Monday!!

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    I enjoyed that red sky sunrise this morning too during my 6:30 a.m. drive. Not quite as cold here. We were at 27 degrees and expecting 70 for tomorrow!
    Cool! That makes me feel connected with you, FloatOn--my DH always tells the kids (who live far away) that when they look at the moon, he's looking at the moon, too, and that's a way to be together.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    my DH always tells the kids (who live far away) that when they look at the moon, he's looking at the moon, too, and that's a way to be together.
    When the boys were little they stayed with my parents a lot while we traveled up to 42 weekends a year for art shows. The last thing we'd say on the phone to them every night was "Hug the phone, kiss the moon".

I wonder if we'll start saying that again next year with both boys away at college?

This isn't exactly a rave about my own life, but I fell in love with that mini camper - "the perfect thing" - and it really started my day with good cheer and a smile. It could happen, which means pretty much any good thing could happen.

Thread Information