Page 170 of 180 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1791

Thread: The Daily Rave

Last day in the office before vacation. Full cave diving class in MX. Flying into Cancun, staying in Playa del Carmen. Work was much better than I thought I would be. Last day usually isn’t. But it’s been a bit slow plus I’ve been gradually working ahead for the last couple of weeks.

Sounds like you've set things up where you can go away and leave any work cares behind! Have a safe, wonderful trip.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I think this is a rave: I came close to offering use of my condo for a month to one of the condo building’s residents who will be displaced during The Big Sewer Repair. I do not know this old guy except by sight. Before offering, I checked with our condo President to see if the old guy would be a decent temporary tenant (i was not going to charge him anything, of course. It was my good deed for the year.)

But our condo President said the old guy smokes in his own unit, and also has a little dog.

The dog I could handle, but um NO to a smoker in my perfect pristine tiny condo.

So i backed out of the idea, and the condo Prez thanked me profusely for my kind offer, and he agrees it would not be a good match.

so, this is a Rave because I get street cred for being a friend to the condo community but do not have to actually put myself out at all, a win/win. Our condo Prez really has no idea how rare it is for me to offer to help humans.
    well, this condo deal is back on. My condo will be used for 3 to 5 weeks by someone else who has been displaced due to sewer work in our 100 year old building. The guy has stopped smoking. He swears he will never have any more cigarettes. But I told the group that he needs to go out on the balcony if he gets the urge to smoke.

The condo president and vice president are managing his transition to my unit. They will be moving in his furniture (only two pieces) and will be covering my marble kitchen countertop. They said they will check in once a week to see how things look. I told him that relieves my mind greatly.

The only things I’m really concerned about being damaged is 1) marble countertops in my kitchen and 2) my pristine floor. It’s so happens that my temporary tenant’s little dog doesn’t like sliding around on shiny wood floors so he uses mats for the dog. That is perfect! The little dog is very old and is near death, so we don’t even know if he will still be alive in September when this deal happens.

I’m not charging him any rent. The condo Board is not charging me an HOA fee during the time he staying at my place.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 8-10-22 at 8:36am.

IL, such a nice offer!

I passed full cave! Very intense class!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I passed full cave! Very intense class!
    OMG! That is great! Congratulations, Tradd!

I was watching that movie 13 Lives about the monsoon that trapped the soccer kids in the cave. It looks like such a scary environment... yet enchanting in its own way.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Congrats Tradd!!

Congrats Tradd!!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    OMG! That is great! Congratulations, Tradd!

I was watching that movie 13 Lives about the monsoon that trapped the soccer kids in the cave. It looks like such a scary environment... yet enchanting in its own way.
    Suggest you watch The Rescue on Disney plus. I got it for a month to set the documentary.

DH fixed my red car, the convertible that we had stored for 9 weeks in the garage at my condo. It did not start up when we tried it after that long period of no use. Problem was not the battery. DH poked around on the internet to find discussion forums about this car and learned there is a tendency for the oil pump to dry up. He tried a couple of tricks, and one worked!

Now I just have to remember to start it up at least once a week. DH is brilliant!

Thread Information