Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: The Daily Rave

After the wood fireplaces that we had for years, the gas fireplace is wonderful for just the reasons that you listed. Enjoy!
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

I guess Iím nostalgic for the old wood burning stove days. But Iím not so far removed to forget the endless task of cutting, splitting and stacking firewood before each winter. In the seventies during the Carter Administration we had the energy crisis and thatís when our gas forced air furnace was switched off and two wood burning stoves were installed. One in the living room fireplace and one in the basement. Keeping those going was a big job. It was messy, dirty work but I did enjoy the crackling of of the wood and the sparks dancing and he licking flames. After a long day hunting in the cold of winter, there was therapy in that arrangement.

Now, I have a deluxe gas fireplace with four lighted ember settings to simulate the coals, five fan settings to blow out the heated air at might discretion and five flame settings as well a a constant pilot, all behind a special radiant glass and inside a jet black metal firebox. I am spoiled. And I like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice IL.
    Your fireplace looks very inviting and I love the arch on the doorway.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

But you can't burn your ID sensitive trash in a fake fireplace, can you?

Do any of you remember what that old fireplace spline was called? I am thinking it was similar to Oakum, which is used in plumbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Nice IL.
    Your fireplace looks very inviting and I love the arch on the doorway.
    I talked to the artist you know in Hermann today, the metal artist. Ann? Maybe, already I forgot her name. I told her I have an online friend who knows her, and decribed you as someone who did glass work with her husband until recent years and who lived near Branson. She said to tell you Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    But you can't burn your ID sensitive trash in a fake fireplace, can you?
    no. Will we eventually have to get a shredder thngie? Who knows. For the moment we can still make real fires in St. Louis.