Page 44 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Williamsmith
    Beans are so cheap to purchase. I had a victory garden that was approximately 1/4 acre. It was a lot of work to till, plant, tend, weed, harvest, prepare and store the food. The best Lima’s I ever had came from that garden. I never stored dried beans and am sorry I didn’t. Just never had the time. One year the deer, turkey and raccoons cleaned me out. I sodded it over and never had another garden of that size. I have had raised bed gardens of various sizes and designs. I have the room on my patio for a nice potted garden....just haven’t committed to it. Thanks IL for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Beans are so cheap to purchase. I had a victory garden that was approximately 1/4 acre. It was a lot of work to till, plant, tend, weed, harvest, prepare and store the food.
    Yeah, the only dryable bean I ever planted was black beans. I was so excited but then I realized all my work in my little raised 4x8 bed was going to be used up in one meal. The output didn't seem worth it.
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Float On View Post
    Yeah, the only dryable bean I ever planted was black beans. I was so excited but then I realized all my work in my little raised 4x8 bed was going to be used up in one meal. The output didn't seem worth it.
    Beans are SO not worth the labor, agreed. The fresh lima beans are pretty spectacular, though.

But that said, we have pounds of dried beans, I didnt have to spend any of my own time growing or shelling them, and they taste good. So, it is fine with me if DH wants to spend his time in service to beans. I wont encourage him in it, however.

Walking today through a huge arts and crafts festival under beautiful blue skies and temps in the 60s.
    There was a booth of handicraft items made by refugee girls, and I bought a $5 piece there. Also donated a few dollars to the Marines who had a booth and were handing out red poppies. Had fun people-watching, along with doggie-watching as many attendees brought their pups.
    Finished by eating some fresh Indian Fry bread - does anything taste better at an outdoor spring festival?

MY new favorite dream store www.human-electric-hybrids.com I am so thrilled have visited and frame about the great ideas.

Watching DCEaglecam.org The DC eagles have 2 eggs and to watch them turn the eggs and just sit on the nest for now is calming and exciting!

Driving or biking into my neighborhood from a different direction and road. As funny as it seems it feels like a new area. New people to wave too and things to look at, not just a race to get home.

Bikinglady - my e-bike is my favorite thing ever!
    Thanks for posting the link

I have Bluebells on the grounds of our new house. Virginia Bluebells! In 35 years of gardening I have tried to get them established a few times, never any luck. But now I’ve got them, and quite a few of them. Gosh they are pretty. Yay!

I saw clumps of this plant springing up and at first thought they were weeds, then thought they were some kind of bluebell but didnt realize until last week they were perfect Virginia Bluebells, Mertensia virginica.

Yppej
    Spring at last!

Thread Information