Page 64 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

I can’t be without a dog. I love them sitting in my lap and following me around.

We just got back from a trip to Europe and I have to rave about the European TSA and airport check in at Charles DeGaulle airport. The TSA was friendly, fast, competent, and did not treat us like we were living in a police state. We even missed one step in the check in process and the gate attendant walked us over to get our sticker and brought us back so we did not have to stand in line again. Might help that we have grey hair and are older but that never seems to make a differnence in the USA.

Oh, and we were often asked if we needed help, offered seats in a variety of public transport and treated extremely well by everyone. Wonder where the comments come from that Paris treats its tourist badly? Maybe it is better to travel in the off season where the tourists are few and far between?

That is great that you hadsuch a good experience!

Yppej
    My tires, which despite being over a year old got me up the unplowed hill and into my driveway on the first try in our most serious snowstorm yet this season.

I'm a bit of a night owl. I started taking melatonin a couple hours before bed and now I can sleep at a decent hour, and then wake before noon. I work 2nd shift so I used to stay up all night and wake up 2 hours before my shift. I have mornings again!

I answered my doorbell to find a young woman in her 30s there who was in a wheelchair. Her speech was halting, but she introduced herself as a new neighbor on the next street over. She asked my name and said she was just wanting to meet her new neighbors. I thanked her for coming by and that was basically that as she was already backing up to get to the next house, but I am very admiring of her gumption to go out by herself to do that.

I hope to run into her again if she's out and about.

L, very cool. I no longer open my door to strangers during the day because a guy was going around and as soon as they opened the door he shot them and then robbed them. He targeted people 50 and up in good neighborhoods. They got him but most people I know are also doing the same. With Noki gone we are getting a security system.

I still open my door, I probably should be more careful. Once a man who appeared disheveled and confused asked “what year is it?” I answered him. He asked again to confirm. Looked confused. Then thanked me and wandered off.

I may have met a time traveler ...

Many of my neighbors have that doorbell camera, and when they catch someone unfamiliar ringing their bell, they post the picture on our closed FB group. A high-tech Neighborhood Watch strategy.

I open my door and I'm usually regretful, because it's usually someone selling siding or windows or solar energy. If my husband hears me talking to someone soliciting those things, he's better than a Great Dane at scaring them away.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

These people were all shot in the head the second they opened the door. Then he killed their spouse.

Thread Information