Page 179 of 185 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 1844

Thread: The Daily Rave

  1. #1781
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,480
    The state found in my favor on an open meeting law complaint.

  2. #1782
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    22,694
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The state found in my favor on an open meeting law complaint.
    Do they fine your city then? What’s the consequence of that?
    I think it’s good that you took this issue forward and it will remind your city fathers they need to follow the open meetings law.

  3. #1783
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,480
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Do they fine your city then? What’s the consequence of that?
    I think it’s good that you took this issue forward and it will remind your city fathers they need to follow the open meetings law.
    They told them they have 30 days to get me the minutes.

    They also told the whiny chair that many Boards and Commissions don't have a paid secretary and the members have to take the minutes in that case.

  4. #1784
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,569
    We went to the County Fair ( The GREAT FREDERICK FAIR the 160th!) for the first time since 2018.It has gotten more "spruced up". We saw the pigs, race horses, beef steer, cows, birthing tent, Agriculture in the Classroom trailer that goes to schools all over Maryland, a big dish of Hershey's raspberry ice cream, talked to a few people. AND the Grand Prize in the Household Goods was a hand built, carved coffin!!!! First time I've ever seen that as an entry. It was beautiful, walnut, lined in white satin with the half lid open for viewing, which is traditional down here. We then stopped at Giant Eagle for take out fried chicken for dinner. We already had fresh corn on the cob.

  5. #1785
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    22,694
    Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    We went to the County Fair ( The GREAT FREDERICK FAIR the 160th!) for the first time since 2018.It has gotten more "spruced up". We saw the pigs, race horses, beef steer, cows, birthing tent, Agriculture in the Classroom trailer that goes to schools all over Maryland, a big dish of Hershey's raspberry ice cream, talked to a few people. AND the Grand Prize in the Household Goods was a hand built, carved coffin!!!! First time I've ever seen that as an entry. It was beautiful, walnut, lined in white satin with the half lid open for viewing, which is traditional down here. We then stopped at Giant Eagle for take out fried chicken for dinner. We already had fresh corn on the cob.

    awwwI love the county and state fairs!

  6. #1786
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Always logged in
    Posts
    22,694
    My Rave is that we are having a surprise European relative dropping in tomorrow. I had 24 hours notice. What’s fine and great is that in our Hermann house we have wooden floors and everything can be pretty clean pretty fast. Yes it is messy here. Yes it looks like a construction zone. But there is old mismatched furniture to sit on, the floors are clean, we have two functional bathrooms and a completely functional kitchen. We are short on beds but I will give up my bed. So all I have to do is wash sheets tomorrow morning. Then my brother is coming on Friday and we will have to wash sheets again if he stays overnight.

    this stuff used to to throw me into a tizzy because our upstairs bedrooms were so dirty due to filthy carpet. Animals had urinated on it, vomited on it, hair everywhere, disgusting. But here in Hermann with all these hard surface floors it’s just not a big deal.

    My condo has all hard surface floors too. It makes me even think twice about getting some good Persian rugs which I’ve been wanting for the Hermann house. Maybe I’ll I will only get them if I get one of those robot vacuum cleaners or an actual human vacuum human cleaner.

    we will, eventually, have many more places for guests to sleep here than we had in our bigger city house.

  7. #1787
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,480
    A city official apologized for not obeying the mask mandate when ordinary people had to. This is the first covid apology I have received but hopefully not the last.

  8. #1788
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,578
    Sounds like a wonderful fair, nswef!

    Have a great visit, IL!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

  9. #1789
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,500
    I am just tickled. I went through my closet to see what pieces need to be updated or replaced. I went shopping today and got the 2 tops I needed, shoes to wear to the pool this winter and a pretty hooded sweatshirt. I absolutely hate shopping so this was quite an accomplishment to have found exactly what I needed in one trip!!!!

  10. #1790
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    8,480
    Met with my city's human rights commission and they are going to try to get to the bottom of why most of our Board of Health members are not city residents and why they are all white in a diverse city.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. littlebittybobby

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •