Page 235 of 246 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 2460

Thread: The Daily Rave

I like Craig Ferguson a lot--partially because of the Scottish connection. I would really like to see him live--but DH is not a live comedy fan. He's not a fan of recorded comedy, either, for that matter.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’d rather read than do housework!
    +1

Re Craig Ferguson: For possibly the entire six years he hosted a "late late show," we taped the show to watch earlier the next evening. I think he's one of the funniest people on the planet. Spontaneously inventive.
    In these sad news days, we've discovered some of the show monologues, and the best show interviews (skip the starlets), on youtube.
    Especially good: His interviews with Ricky Gervais. Hard to say which of the two are wittier, but if I had to, I'm going with Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    Re Craig Ferguson: For possibly the entire six years he hosted a "late late show," we taped the show to watch earlier the next evening. I think he's one of the funniest people on the planet. Spontaneously inventive.
    In these sad news days, we've discovered some of the show monologues, and the best show interviews (skip the starlets), on youtube.
    Especially good: His interviews with Ricky Gervais. Hard to say which of the two are wittier, but if I had to, I'm going with Craig.
    I will look up that interview because I am watching old Ferguson clips on YouTube. I have not seen that one. Ricky Gervais is immortal.

At one time on this very website I had as my tagline “Ricky Gervais is my God “.

I’m currently reading Craig’s book called American on purpose: the improbable adventures of an unlikely patriot.
    I am not a serious person.

Today I am marveling about the difference in soil quality in our yard. Out of sheer luck, we placed my lily bed in an area of high-quality soil. It is loose and rich and friable. I have been dumping buckets of compost on it for two years now but that would not have altered the original structure yet, I would have to dump compost for a decade to make inroads.

It’s amazing because just 20 feet away where the iris beds are is crappy clay soil. I spent $800 adding Turface to that soil and it’s good enough for Iris because they are shallow rooted and don’t require high-quality soil.

Just ordered several boxes of Republic of Tea holiday tea assortments for gifts. Goddaughter’s mom and grandmother who always host at the holidays, plus for the coworker who gave me a lot of rides to work when I had car issues.

That should be the last of the Christmas stuff.

Just ordered several boxes of Republic of Tea holiday tea assortments for gifts. Goddaughter’s mom and grandmother who always host at the holidays, plus for the coworker who gave me a lot of rides to work when I had car issues.

That should be the last of the Christmas stuff.
    The tea assortment sounds nice. Good choice for winter time.

Tea is one of my favorite consumables to gift. Thanks for the reminder and the brand, tradd.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Just ordered several boxes of Republic of Tea holiday tea assortments for gifts.
    Borrowing this idea

Our favorite cherry orchard in Wisconsin, Seaquist Orchard, had their free shipping for Black Friday. We ordered almost all our Xmas presents from them. The bakers among our friends get dried cherries and another group gets special cherry jams. This year I am going to add a small bottle of cherry liquor to the dried cherries to they can try soaking some of them in it.

Consumables are the best.

Thread Information