Page 190 of 248 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 2476

Thread: The Daily Rave

Okay----Vacant houses on Adak Island, Alaska, USA.2023-01-24 (6).jpg

Told my husband about a dream I had that we replaced the light fixture over our kitchen table. Showed him a picture of how it looked and he loved it so much, he told me to go ahead and get it! We hadn't even talked about replacing it although I had thought about it often lately hence why I probably dreamed about it. Then he told me to go ahead and order new fixtures for the light by our kitchen sink, the foyer, and a hallway. Four new light fixtures all because of a dream I had. LOL

What a guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Klunick View Post
    Told my husband about a dream I had that we replaced the light fixture over our kitchen table. Showed him a picture of how it looked and he loved it so much, he told me to go ahead and get it! We hadn't even talked about replacing it although I had thought about it often lately hence why I probably dreamed about it. Then he told me to go ahead and order new fixtures for the light by our kitchen sink, the foyer, and a hallway. Four new light fixtures all because of a dream I had. LOL
    I am jealous!! We desperately need new kitchen fixtures. Maybe I'll steal the "I had a dream" approach. If you can do it, and Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof can do it, maybe I can do it, too!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I don’t need to dream about it because DH and I have spent the last 10 days working with ceiling fixtures, both lights and fans and etc. Still working on ’em.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I don’t need to dream about it because DH and I have spent the last 10 days working with ceiling fixtures, both lights and fans and etc. Still working on ’em.
    So you'll make me jealous, too! Next year, my dream is roof, range hood, electrical including lighting and new ceiling fans.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Bought a Hamilton Beach indoor searing grill a few days ago. Don’t know what even possesssed me to look for an indoor grill other than DH abhors grilling outdoors. Also thought it might be nice to have when it is hot and don’t want to use the oven or heat up the house. Have made hamburgers and pork chops so far and they have been FABULOUS! Short cook time, juicy and tender, easy to clean grill and no great smell indoors. I have never grilled anything in my life but am truly impressed. Next to try is grilled veggies…. The only drawback is a cookbook was not included. There was basic info on grilling meats. I went to the library and found a great cookbook that tells heat (high, med, etc) which is helpful because the grill is by temperature degrees and this is easily converted.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    So you'll make me jealous, too! Next year, my dream is roof, range hood, electrical including lighting and new ceiling fans.
    And we did it with minimum arguing. That is kind of a nice chsnge.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I am jealous!! We desperately need new kitchen fixtures. Maybe I'll steal the "I had a dream" approach. If you can do it, and Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof can do it, maybe I can do it, too!
    Ours are 25 years old so an update was definitely needed.

I keep hearing Ethel Merman in Gypsy singing, "I have a dream, a wonderful dream-
    all about roofs and electric circuits"

Thread Information