Page 30 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

I stand corrected - I just measured and I am living in about 250 sq. ft (plus tiny bathroom), not the 300 sq. ft. I though I had! In this space, I have a soon to be completed kitchen wall (cabinets and stove installed, and am waiting breathlessly for the counter top to be installed on Tuesday and the plumbing hooked up), a studio space and an office corner. The bedroom will soon be just a bedroom with space to store my clothing, shoes, guitars, amplifier, and camping equipment. It's amazing how it all works just so! And now I have a deck off the bedroom which increases my living space by a third!

I will be SO grateful to be able to wash my dishes in a kitchen sink instead of in the bathroom! And so grateful to have an apartment sized stove to cook on too! The electric frying pan has worked fine, and the rice cooker is great, but a real stove where I can boil water for pasta will feel like such a luxury!

IN will post pictures as soon as my kitchenette is done!

A single induction cooktop (portable) would solve the water boiling issue. We used on in a commercial bakery that had them for a cooking class. Amazingly fast and safe. When it is off, it is OFF. We are considering only induction cooktops whenever we need to replace our stove. But for a tiny space, a single portable unit is great.

http://www.magneticcooky.com/best-po...ction-cooktop/

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I stand corrected - I just measured and I am living in about 250 sq. ft (plus tiny bathroom), not the 300 sq. ft. I though I had! In this space, I have a soon to be completed kitchen wall (cabinets and stove installed, and am waiting breathlessly for the counter top to be installed on Tuesday and the plumbing hooked up), a studio space and an office corner. The bedroom will soon be just a bedroom with space to store my clothing, shoes, guitars, amplifier, and camping equipment. It's amazing how it all works just so! And now I have a deck off the bedroom which increases my living space by a third!

I will be SO grateful to be able to wash my dishes in a kitchen sink instead of in the bathroom! And so grateful to have an apartment sized stove to cook on too! The electric frying pan has worked fine, and the rice cooker is great, but a real stove where I can boil water for pasta will feel like such a luxury!

IN will post pictures as soon as my kitchenette is done!
    Good, do post photos! Because what I saw was really nice. It's going to be a great little kitchen area!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Yppej
    Home Depot gave me a free gadget for opening paint cans. No more ruining my butter knives.

Good Health

Yppej
    Being assigned my own branches at work. So I have successfully completed training.

I will be very glad it is all finally done - I have semi-custom cabinets, a beautiful double farmhouse sink, a working stove, and absolutely beautiful Ceasarstone counter top. Today was back-splash tiling day, using an array of Mexican talavera tiles. Tomorrow is grouting day, replacing the bedroom door and adding a screen door screen door off the deck from my bedroom.

It is really, really beautiful and I PROMISE I will take a video to show ya'll soon! It's been fun designing this tiny space on someone else's dime, but I am ready to be finished with it. Every week for at least five or six weeks construction is happening during my days off from the gallery. But I just feel so blessed with abundance to be in this situation!

Yppej
    I love my little 3 branch community bank. Yesterday I arrived at 4:55 and they stayed open until 5:15 to help me renew my Roth IRA. They charge miniscule fees on it. At my last job a new VP of HR came in and switched us to a high fee 401K plan. I was losing instead of making money, and have not signed up for my new company's plan because I fear a repeat of that. But the Roth I control, and can withdraw from in an emergency without a tax penalty. I am so glad Suze Orman recommended it.

Bluebirds looking at the nesting box. Lilies of the valley scenting the sidewalk to the back door. Pinks, purples, whites and a thousand shades of green. Spring in Maryland.

This may be more of a rant? But--

there is a break in the rain. i could go out for my daily tonic (walk.) but there were about 8 gunshots just now. Go out?Stay in? Miss the rain break? Hmmmm.

Thread Information