Page 82 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by KnownRogue View Post

This site ain't bad either. Kind of a nice thing to find to close the night out.
    I'm glad to have a new friend in our "orbit"! Welcome, KnownRogue!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Our local shelter put out a call on Facebook last week looking for homes to foster the pets during the state's lockdown. They would be taken care of in the shelter, but there wouldn't be any volunteers for extra attention. I put in an application, but they had such a good response, that all the critters who needed foster homes found one. They said to keep the apps coming, though, because of course more animals would be coming in.

So, yesterday afternoon about 4:45, I got a call! Went to the shelter at lunchtime today and met Bailey. She's a seven year-old blonde 42# German Shepherd. Her family had to leave her because they were moving and couldn't take her along. She's at home now and I can't wait to get off of work to get to know her more! I'm hoping this will get DH out of the house to take her for walks.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Beckyliz! Yay for you!

Becky, that’s awesome! Maybe you will fall in love and adopt him.

So psyched for you, beckyliz!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Becky, that’s awesome! Maybe you will fall in love and adopt him.
    I was thinking the same thing; she surely deserves a permanent home.

Yesterday driving to physical therapy I saw a new bird house on a telephone pole..white with a bright red roof and a bluebird sitting on top! It made me smile. In the woods on the way down the mountain there is a large patch of blue flowers. I'm so glad it is spring.

A rant that has turned into a RAVE: last night we drove 25 miles into Santa Fe to pick up a huge grocery order (around $200) we had placed a week ago (they are scheduling a week out now). When we got there the order wasn't ready; they apologized and said that they were just so backed up and could we come at 10am the next day to get it? We weren't really bent out of shape about it because it was nice to get out for a drive on cheap gas. I went back this morning a little after 10am and at first they couldn't find the order, then they said the order got cancelled. I was getting a bit miffed about this by now and asked could they still pull up the old order and fill it while I waited since I just had to drive in yet again? So they scurried away for awhile and I finally got the order put into the trunk of the car. I had to hurry home since we got some ice cream.

So we did the whole rigamarole of disinfecting all the packaging and I started to notice that we were missing A LOT of items in the order, in addition to some weird substitutions which we will make the best of. But I was concerned that they were charging us for a whole bunch of stuff we didn't receive so I call the store and ended up talking to the pick up order guy who basically said that since everything got so screwed up originally and that there was no way to check us out properly since the order got cancelled, that we were getting all the groceries for FREE!!! About $180 worth!

He said the original charge on my credit card (which was way wrong at this point) will be refund within 24-48 hrs. We have decided to then donate $100 of our windfall to our local community COVID-19 HELP fund. Now I need to figure out what to make with all this ground turkey sausage we ended up with (instead of the links I had originally ordered) and I'll have to revisit my bread-making skills from long ago because they neglected to include the two loaves of bread I ordered...

Rave, On Nextdoor someone asked for help with a stray cat. One person offered to take to vet for microchip check, another one offered to pay for vet care, another one offered a home. Turns out the person originally asking fell in love and is going to foster until the family is found or forever if they do not come forward. Nice to see such help offered. Just brightened my day.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Rave, On Nextdoor someone asked for help with a stray cat. One person offered to take to vet for microchip check, another one offered to pay for vet care, another one offered a home. Turns out the person originally asking fell in love and is going to foster until the family is found or forever if they do not come forward. Nice to see such help offered. Just brightened my day.
    Today was lost and found cat day next-door here as well. There must’ve been 10 cats shown as being out of their area or lost from their home.

Thread Information