Page 198 of 244 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2440

Thread: The Daily Rave

There is no better feeling than disconnecting our internet service from CenturyLink! After 4 years of poor internet speeds and having our service interrupted several times a day (which jeopardizes my husband's remote job), we went with a local service provider. I found a computer networking solutions company out of Santa Fe and they came out the next day to see how they could help us in our rural area. Within two days they got us hooked up and raring to go! CenturyLink is notorious in my tiny rural town for basically not giving much of a sh** about the poor internet speeds and service calls.

For now I have decided to keep the landline but if our WiFi calling works well when I call my mom back in Michigan, I am considering canceling that as well.

Our new printer/copier arrived and I was dreading setting it up. DH volunteered to do that. He spent a couple hours reading instructions, watching videos, and after confoundingly user- unfriendly set up requirements, he got it working. Yay! Now he will show me how to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    There is no better feeling than disconnecting our internet service from CenturyLink! After 4 years of poor internet speeds and having our service interrupted several times a day (which jeopardizes my husband's remote job), we went with a local service provider. I found a computer networking solutions company out of Santa Fe and they came out the next day to see how they could help us in our rural area. Within two days they got us hooked up and raring to go! CenturyLink is notorious in my tiny rural town for basically not giving much of a sh** about the poor internet speeds and service calls.

For now I have decided to keep the landline but if our WiFi calling works well when I call my mom back in Michigan, I am considering canceling that as well.
    We had century link in rural New York and they were awful.

If you get rid of the landline, you may be getting rid of your ability to contact the outside world in a power outage--we had landline service in the 5 days in December where we had no internet service and no electricity.

Another “I am elderly” card: we’ve been going to the grocery store multiple times a week and I’ve been feeling guilty about it. I don’t know why. Food does not go to waste here, it’s just that we need some fresh vegetables now and then or I have a need to buy something specific for a specific dish.

Why does it matter if I go to the store two times this week, and DH goes once? It’s not like we are burning tons of gas, our grocery store is five minutes away or less. We are retired. We can go to the grocery store every day if we wanted to!

So my rave is that I’ve let go of that expectation that we used to have, that we go to the grocery store only once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So my rave is that I’ve let go of that expectation that we used to have, that we go to the grocery store only once a week.
    Very European! We should jettison more expectations as we age.

Just joined Weight Watchers online at lunch. Nice app with a barcode scanner. I need to lose about 20-25lbs. Everyone I know who does well has used WW.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Another “I am elderly” card: we’ve been going to the grocery store multiple times a week and I’ve been feeling guilty about it. I don’t know why. Food does not go to waste here, it’s just that we need some fresh vegetables now and then or I have a need to buy something specific for a specific dish.

Why does it matter if I go to the store two times this week, and DH goes once? It’s not like we are burning tons of gas, our grocery store is five minutes away or less. We are retired. We can go to the grocery store every day if we wanted to!

I suspect you may be more disciplined in your grocery spending than we are, but we spend more money if we make more trips, and often on frivolous items like Reese's cups, flowers, etc. I am certainly not against indulgences, but less trips for us keeps indulgences down to a more reasonable level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Just joined Weight Watchers online at lunch. Nice app with a barcode scanner. I need to lose about 20-25lbs. Everyone I know who does well has used WW.
    Good luck, Tradd. I worked at a medical facility for many years, and the staff always recommended WW as a good and effective program.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Good luck, Tradd. I worked at a medical facility for many years, and the staff always recommended WW as a good and effective program.
    Thanks!

IL, if I go to the store more, I spend a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Thanks!

IL, if I go to the store more, I spend a lot more.
    yes, we dont even have a target amount any more.

Thread Information