Page 73 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Salt water gargle and nasal lavage (use boiled, cooled salt water for that) are what I use when I feel a cold coming on. That, plus zinc and vitamin C work every time
    I read that nasel cleaning liquid should be sterile and also salt should not have iodine.

the boiling to sterile I cN do, but my salt has Iodine. What is the deal do you suppose with no iodine?

When this purchased saline solution runs out, I will probably just make my own because there’s no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I read that nasel cleaning liquid should be sterile and also salt should not have iodine.

the boiling to sterile I cN do, but my salt has Iodine. What is the deal do you suppose with no iodine?
    That is odd, since iodine is used in some parts of the world to clean water for drinking.

There are other additives in common table salt, like dextrose, that I don't need. I'm always swabbing myself with iodine (for my moribund thyroid) and it absorbs quickly. I'm not sure how the tiny amount in a lavage would hurt anything, but I use sea salt or pink salt anyway.

I just have to rave about my experience with our online Mayor's Action Line. First I reported a building with dangerous broken glass windows (single pane and non safety). They got the building boarded up.

Then I complained about sawhorses on a public sidewalk with no particular purpose other than impeding foot traffic. Too insubstantial to protect anyone from something falling down and dangerous to the blind or handicapped since hard to see and very high. Next thing I know, the whole building is surrounded by very heavy duty one story scaffolding with a roof above to protect pedestrians from something that is wrong with the building. Wow. Those original sawhorses had been in place for months.

I am Not usually tuned into techno improvements, nevertheless
    i am excited about the Samsung phone that folds into a tablet.

I will not give up my Apple environment, but maybe Apple will chase that trend.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I am Not usually tuned into techno improvements, nevertheless
    i am excited about the Samsung phone that folds into a tablet.

I will not give up my Apple environment, but maybe Apple will chase that trend.
    I'm with you!! Very cool.

Wow! I just looked it up! Very cool.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Geila
    Yesterday was such a beautiful day. It finally got into the 60's so it actually felt like fall and our Chinese Pistache tree was a big golden ball and I could see it from the living room and kitchen. I spent a lot of time just looking at it and soaking in the beauty and being in awe of nature.

And as if that wasn't enough, I felt really good, lots of energy and no pain after battling a painful issue for a few months. It was just a lovely and simple day. The best kind.

And this morning we got a tiny amount of rain. Not enough to really be rain, but enough to give the air a nice fresh feeling. And! On my morning walk with my pups I discovered that the school at the end of my block has a teacher conference today so we were able to walk in the field and enjoy all the trees there and the pretty hillside. And!!! When I walked out the door I found a box of beautiful persimmons that a dear friend dropped of for us.

I found a missing earring this morning!!!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    I found a missing earring this morning!!!
    Congrats!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information