Page 93 of 244 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

It’s so beautiful! Yes the Canadian side is prettier.

I will step outside of my current bubble of unhappiness with technology to rave about software on the web. Pinterest has amazing image identification ability.

I want to know more about a sideboard I own. I wanted to narrow down a decade when it was created. I took a photograph of it. I uploaded that photograph to Pinterest. Pinterest pulled from its vast array of images in its database an exact match. Exact!

Now unfortunately this was held at the website 1st Dibs and the piece was already sold, so there was no narrative left on that site about it. But I remain hopeful that there will be another find that is an exact match. Clearly this piece was machine made if there are ones exactly like it. And I figured it was machine made. I’m just trying to figure out is it 1910, 1920, or 1930 furniture.

Iris, that is so cool! I’ve never used Pinterest before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Iris, that is so cool! I’ve never used Pinterest before.
    Pinterest holds all of my inspiration photos. Also, I upload a few of my own Images for storage in tidy folders.

one downside of greedy Pinterest is that you now have to have a commercial account to see how many people, and who, “pinned” your photos. It was once fun to see that my bulldog had 23 “pins.”

While I can appreciate the benefit that you enjoyed, I find Pinterest very aggravating. I like some cooking sites but a screen comes up that I have to sign up with Pinterest to access and then get blitzed with every conceivable garbage that I might be interested in. If I see Pinterest is involved, I avoid the site as a result.
    FB at least lets you restrict further access in the privacy area but unless things have been changed, with Pinterest you are stuck.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Just to offer another viewpoint, DH and I prefer the US side of the Falls in the immediate falls area. The naturalistic, Olmsted-designed gardens, with the wooded state park area with trails through Goat Island and Luna Island made for wonderful and uncrowded morning walks the week we were out there. You can also get very up close and personal with the Falls on the US side. Once you move away from the immediate falls area though, NY is rather a blighted area and Canada is more picturesque with the Botanical Gardens and Niagara on the Lake.

Went for a walk on the bike trail today and saw a happy, young man with no legs below the knees, no arms above the elbow RUNNING with his black lab!! He sure did not feel sorry for himself and did what he needed to do. It was very inspirational!!!!

Geila
    Wow. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it? Good for him. Strong character, there.

Today's DH's birthday and the fam is coming up to GI: two couples, two young kids and DS. I just learned that I can actually seat 10 for dinner in my tiny space!! (the picture has only one side of the IKEA gateleg table extended: the gateleg is added on to our 6-seater farmhouse table. It's the same width, so the tablecloth makes it look pretty seamless.) I'm psyched! Maybe I'll offer to do Thanksgiving this year!!

IMG_1869.jpg
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That’s great Catherine.

Thread Information