Page 138 of 245 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2445

Thread: The Daily Rave

It is really hard to see and help those in need. Neat approach to humanize them by noting something unique each time.

You are in a warmer area so may have more than the colder climate such as mine. I finally decided that I would focus my donations to the Salvation Army in our area as they supply food, shelter and coordinate services where needed. That way, I believe that my donation is not going for buying drugs.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I also donate to the Salvation Army and our local Gospel Mission because the money is used wisely. Occasionally I give to people on the street.

Women’s ice-skating has a new star who seems to be the complete package, artistry and athletic ability at only age 15.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQIntekPlfo&t=188s

Kamila Valieva, a Russian girl, scored the highest ever recorded in a recent competition.

My unpracticed eye can’t tell if someone executes a double, triple, or a quad, I was always annoyed when they attempted their triples and quads and didn’t make it and it ruined their performance. I pretty much stopped watching women’s figure skating a few years ago because of this.

Well this girl can execute quads and impress those who know about skating, meanwhile she can impress me with her artistry because her jumps do not interfere with it. She jumps effortlessly and never signals that she’s getting ready to do a big jump.

She is the new powerhouse in women’s ice-skating. She just made her debut in the senior category.

Quite remarkable what the finely tuned human body can do so beautifully. Three coaches! - I wonder how each of their direction is focused.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Women’s ice-skating has a new star who seems to be the complete package, artistry and athletic ability at only age 15.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rQIntekPlfo&t=188s

Kamila Valieva, a Russian girl, scored the highest ever recorded in a recent competition.
    She is the new powerhouse in women’s ice-skating. She just made her debut in the senior category.
    Yeah, but she'll never be Tonya Harding...

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yeah, but she'll never be Tonya Harding...

I will take a knee to that post!

The "free" turkey from the grocery store has been cooked, picked, bones simmered, gravy made, broth collected and meat divided into meals (mostly - lol). I feel decently stocked at the moment!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Ibotta, I found out about this app a few weeks ago. $49.53 in refunds this month.

My poinsettia is blooming! It's a bit subtle because it was a white flower, but you can see it is blooming, just not heavy like when I bought it, but then I didn't fertilize it, either, just put in a cool room in a Southern window:

poinsettia 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    My poinsettia is blooming! It's a bit subtle because it was a white flower, but you can see it is blooming, just not heavy like when I bought it, but then I didn't fertilize it, either, just put in a cool room in a Southern window:

poinsettia 2.jpg
    It’s beautiful! I remember when you asked about bringing it into bloom. So you didn’t do controlled light and dark treatment? Interesting!

Thread Information