Page 245 of 248 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2476

Thread: The Daily Rave

Keeping a good attitude.

Today was my scan day to determine if it is working or time for EOL decisions.
    A lot of people were asking me, including a late friends mother (the only friend I have lost to this type of cancer).
    I told them it was going to either be a good day (cancer shrinking and we get an idea of how long it may take), or a great day (EOL, and I no longer have to worry about hitting on married women, as I might be a bucket list item, or the worst is the husband just eliminates a lot of pain for me). Win win, either way.

Results from the doc Monday, the nurses are watching out.

Hoping for good news for you, TMS. I know how stressful it can be to wait for the results.

Wishing the best for you, TMS!!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

TMS we are thinking about you! Thank you for keeping us informed.
    I am not a serious person.

I love your win-win, TMS. Hoping for a shrinking situation, prayers for healing.

Turns out the top Thoracic Outlet Syndrome surgeon in the country is someone whose family I grew up with in the same neighborhood - his sister was a classmate of mine and he was a classmate of my brother, all the way from grade school through high school. And because last week I finally posted on Facebook what was going on with me to my friends, the sister (we're friends on FB) contacted me about her brother, the TOS surgeon.

So it looks like I'll be going to St. Louis sometime in the future to have a consultation! I've already transfered my medical records and got a referral from the vascular surgeon in Albuquerque, who applauded this amazing coincidence. I really do like and trust the ABQ surgeon and would have him do the surgery if I didn't have this possible opportunity. It's the difference of the one guy doing about 25 of these surgeries per year to a surgeon that has done 1000 of these TOS surgeries and written many studies/papers during his long career.

If you end up coming to St. Louis for surgery and you need to stay a while, let me know here. Maybe I can work something out with you using our condo. Even though I’m forbidden from renting it, I would think the condo board doesn’t care if I have a friend stay there occasionally for a few days. I assume he does surgery at BJC/Washington University hospitals, but if it’s another hospital it still might be a convenient location.

If he’s at St. Louis University hospitals that is stupid close, like within half a mile.
    I am not a serious person.

I think it will be the BJC/Washington University Hospitals. Thank you for possibly offering this; that would be positively awesome. Hopefully I will know more in the next few days - since I'm from the "old neighborhood", it sounds like they are going to fit me faster than the average person out there. When I first spoke to the office staff the other day, I asked how far out they are making consultation appointments and she said February 2025 but assured me that I would be seen sooner than that!

It pays to have connections, I guess, even if they are over 4 decades old!

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    If you end up coming to St. Louis for surgery and you need to stay a while, let me know here. Maybe I can work something out with you using our condo. Even though I’m forbidden from renting it, I would think the condo board doesn’t care if I have a friend stay there occasionally for a few days. I assume he does surgery at BJC/Washington University hospitals, but if it’s another hospital it still might be a convenient location.

If he’s at St. Louis University hospitals that is stupid close, like within half a mile.
    What a nice offer!

As I have said many times in my life, "It was meant to be."

Thread Information