Page 34 of 244 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

This is the last image from this current competitive flower show season, I promose!

The photo below show my winnng stem of Lillium henryi cintrinum. It won the Comber award at the North American Lily society show and the prize was $100! While this isnt a rare plant, it IS a bit unusual, and people have asked me for pollen and for buds for tissue culturing.

IMG_0899.jpg

That's an unusual (to me, at least) balance of bloom and foliage. I can see why it won.

Lillium henryi cintrinum sounds like one of Hogwarts' incantations.

That's a beauty!

Yppej
    Family drove 16+ hours through Thursday's storms to visit for the holiday weekend.

This morning I unsubscribed from about 25 different political email lists. It's about time; I need to get my life back! I just got so so sick of the "BREAKING NEWS" alerts, the CONSTANT quest for donations, etc that I just couldn't take it ANYMORE!

Sh** is going to happen whether I am aware of it or not. I'll continue to do what I can, where I can, but I am going to concentrate only on my little corner of the universe and the people I know and care about first and foremost. If I can see a way to contribute to the larger picture I will do so, but I just cannot be constantly notified of EVERY LITTLE TRANSGRESSION and UTTERANCE coming from the political arena. So THERE!

Siouz Q, this move will make your life much more peaceful. How is the summer in Santa Fe?

good for you, Siouz Q! Sounds like good advice for me, too.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I'll continue to do what I can, where I can, but I am going to concentrate only on my little corner of the universe and the people I know and care about first and foremost. If I can see a way to contribute to the larger picture I will do so, but I just cannot be constantly notified of EVERY LITTLE TRANSGRESSION and UTTERANCE coming from the political arena. So THERE!
    Good decision! It is absolutely wearing to try to address everything going on, especially when the "news" is always delivered in that "BREAKING NEWS" doom-is-already-here manner. Maybe that's what those promoting all this believe will break through the clutter, but so many are doing it (on both sides) that it just becomes ... clutter.

I decided early this year that I don't have the energy to fight all the fights which need to be fought, so I've limited myself to a couple of causes for which I have the most passion. Others will have different passions and, together (I hope), we can do what needs to be done.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    I hit the 90 day mark at my new job and I have learned the job, am appreciated, and fit in. This is a rare company with many age 50+ employees and no age discrimination that I can see. Due to the good benefits package people tend to stay until they retire.

Yppej: That is wonderful, and I hope you have found your niche!

Thread Information