Page 176 of 244 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2436

Thread: The Daily Rave

Glad your dh is okay, IL. Wishing him a speedy full recovery.

We've had a couple of cases in the school (2nd week), so I'm waiting to see if/when/how much it spreads.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    IL covid has evolved to get milder and milder so his experience, while not fun, fits this pattern. A while back I told the Library Trustees other libraries didn't have mask mandates and the sky did not fall. Next I am going to tell them about lockers, which I saw at another library. You go the outdoor locker at any hour of day or night and pick up the library materials you ordered. It's like picking up an online order from Home Depot. If you are nervous you do that instead of forcing everyone in the building to wear masks.
    jeppy I can’t grok that there are STILL mask mandates in your area. Is that right? Is it a mandate by gubment, or,does library system choose to require masks?
    Last edited by iris lilies; 9-8-22 at 1:29pm.

I sent to see a surgeon yesterday and you could not enter the office without a mask, and the doctor saw me out via the backdoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I sent to see a surgeon yesterday and you could not enter the office without a mask, and the doctor saw me out via the backdoor.
    Yes, that is fine with individual institutions. Health offices of course are especially cautious.

But city wide, county wide, statewide mandates for ALL places? Or, are there statewide mandates for health offices?

At the risk of sounding like Jeppy, I was more than a little gratified to know my own dr does not require masks in her office (last time I was there anyway, about June) when DH’s dr has a snotty note on the clinic doors saying something close to this:

“ We require you to wear a mask and if you can’t be bothered to do that, you need to go home and come back when you are prepared to wear a mask.”

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yes, that is fine with individual institutions. Health offices of course are especially cautious.

But city wide, county wide, statewide mandates for ALL places? Or, are there statewide mandates for health offices?

At the risk of sounding like Jeppy, I was more than a little gratified to know my own dr does not require masks in her office (last time I was there anyway, about June) when DH’s dr has a snotty note on the clinic doors saying something close to this:

“ We require you to wear a mask and if you can’t be bothered to do that, you need to go home and come back when you are prepared to wear a mask.”
    I'm not sure if it is still mandated, but I have to wear a mask to enter Mom's memory care, plus have my temperature taken and fill out the form about symptoms.

How many times can you get covid? I think the doc and staff don’t want to be reinfected repeatedly. I don’t blame them for requiring masks. They come in contact with many people daily including those with compromised immune systems, as well.

Just had a nice interaction with someone at a cemetary in Savannah, about burial of ashes of family members. She was patient with my rather weird questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I'm not sure if it is still mandated, but I have to wear a mask to enter Mom's memory care, plus have my temperature taken and fill out the form about symptoms.
    That seems reasonable, that your mother’s nursing home takes all precautions to protect that very vulnerable population.

in the city I see many people wearing mask when out and about. I see grocery store clerks at one particular grocery store wear a masks. I don’t blame them because I probably would as well having to stand across a counter from hundreds of people every day. The grocery store clerks in Herman or in the nearby bigger city (not St. Louis) do not wear masks.

It is a mixed bag in my region.

Iris lilies, totally mixed here. We will talk about all the people we know with or just recovered with Covid but only a few wear masks in our exercise class. Instructor always does as does one new student. Many of us are headed out to get the new booster and our flu shots.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    jeppy I can’t grok that there are STILL mask mandates in your area. Is that right? Is it a mandate by gubment, or,does library system choose to require masks?
    No library mandate now, but I am worried they will try to bring it back this fall/winter when due to seasonality we get an uptick in all sorts of viruses.

We still have a state mandate in medical/dental settings.

Thread Information