Page 85 of 244 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Maybe we shall meet!mI think
    whistling
    gardens was on one of the NALS tours.

DH is pumped about going to that area of Ontario Because there is a Cockshut tractor museum he wants to see. Cockshut is a Canadian tractor he is enamored of. It’s just a dumb tractor, but he is love in love with it.
    Is it the Walpole Farm Machinery?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Is it the Walpole Farm Machinery?
    DH says that is not it. The place he is going is in Brantford, it may ge the Canadian Industrial Heritage Museum.

Brantford was a major farm machinery production centre for years. The actual machinery is displayed in the Waterford Museum which used to be a pickle factory. Whistling Gardens is just north of it.

Walpole Museum has a large collection of all makes of machinery. I tour it each Victoria holiday in May when it is all out on display. I have a chat with the old timers manning the show. They used to farm with these implements.

That CICH museum sounds like a good place to visit sometime. It’s new to me.

Totally irrelevant but I have two occasional chairs from the the Cockshutt estate that I had reupholstered.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

This is brilliantly funny - https://youtu.be/TkU1ob_lHCw

I just paid off two different medical bills today; I am no longer in official debt to anything except my portion of the monthly mortgage payment! It won't last, I'm sure, but it sure does feel good for the moment!

Nice, Siouz!

This iris is in my top 10 (of 300+ cultivars.) It is so striking! It blooms reliably, must years opening on April 24. It is “Internal Fire.”

834E2419-297C-4783-85C7-D97C008A6412.jpg

It does have the look of flames. Very nice!

I have at least 10 gladiolas coming up! In MD they do not always survive the winter. I planted them last June before I fell and broke my hip. My husband would bring me a bouquet in July while I was still in the rehab center. The glads bloomed until late August and provided many lovely bouquets so I am thrilled to see that they may do the same this year!

I need new cotton T-shirts for garden work. I always get these at the thrift store but stores are closed. I really need them now because I had to throw away all V-neck ones since I cannot wear V-neck ones in the sun anymore.

Anyway—a couple years ago my friend gave me, for my birthday, a T-shirt with an iris on it. The T-shirt is very soft and it has a lovely fit. It’s not one of those boxy genderless T-shirts, it’s a woman’s T-shirt, it’s smaller and shorter. So it occurred to me to look at the label to see if I Could find the same product out there with no iris logo.

I found the company Port & Co and ordered their “ring spun” t shirt product. Ring spun produces a softer product than regular knit cotton. It’s not Pima or Egyptian cotton, those are different fibers. The ring spun process uses regular cheap cotton fiber but lengthens fibers in them in a spinning process. So anyway the T-shirts are $5.99. Cheap.

I ordered one to test it to see if it still fits the same white as the one I got to years ago. Let’s hope they have not changed their fit model or sizing at all.

Thread Information