Page 62 of 244 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: The Daily Rave

The “how” is different at different ages and the child’s interests.

My sister-in-law was born on Christmas day, her parents named her Merry Christmas but she goes by Chris. Her husband (my brother) birthday is Dec 16th and they have traditionally celebrated together.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

What would have been my stepson, was born on Christmas day. When he was old enough to have friends over for a birthday, they decided to have his parties in the summer, mid July.

Thank you for this reminder!
    My dad's birthday is the 28th so I just ran out and bought him a card and gift certificate. He'll be here visiting so I'll have to make him a cake too!
    Float On: My "Happy Place" is on my little kayak in the coves of Table Rock Lake.

Beautiful frosty morning. The oak tree has 2 Downy woodpeckers and a bunch of Steller's Jay's flitting about. Sweet!

Chicken Lady doesnt get ALL the fun.

Here is DH with two baby goats he is helping to bottlefeed. On 12/21/2008 these goats were born as a litter of four. It was the same day his father died, so DH and his brother had a lot going on. The goat mom cannot care for all of these kids so she has two of them and the humans took two to care for. They are fed every two hours.

14F26E89-A8B3-4BB7-A689-3BCA833F20ED.jpg

What a wonderful picture, IL!

That’s so sweet IL!

Baby goats are cute and delightful especially when they dance through the air, over fences and through the woods. Great fun taking care of them.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I went ice skating for the second time recently (none of you probably know this, but I was a competitive figure skater as a child and teenager, and spent many years coaching skaters). I no longer have my own skates, so I used the rentals. It was almost scary at first (dang, the ice is FAST) as muscle memory and balance struggled to regain hold. Today was a bit easier, and I was able to start doing crossovers and some little spins and turns. It is fun, and great exercise! And I think it will really help the pain I have been experiencing in my hips because it actively engages the gluteus medius muscle group.

But of course I really want my own pair of skates!

Thread Information